NY about to pass strictest speeding laws in nation

Hey, we keep fucking up leading this state so we’re going to keep taking money from the working man any way we can!
Take away guns… Close two prisons and a mental health facility.
No new taxes … Charged double for speeding
Emphasis places on mentally ill people … restrict anti-psychotic medication to the low income people … the same people that are more likely to cause crimes/mass murders
Focus on future? … cuts school funding

Cuomo is fucking up left and right. If anything he’s just solidified my move to another state. I’d like to see the census over the next couple years of mass exodus.

If anybody wants to be my roommate in a fun state feel free to pm. Lol

Jokessss

The Max speed limit in Texas is 85mph.

I just purchased a rental house.

Will rent on the cheap to NYSpeeders. :slight_smile:

No state income tax.

Text me tom. I have a good g.i. lawyer for u. Need the court date too

You know what? The new proposal sucks, but its just a plink in the bucket. I average 1 ticket or less per year, and have had one @21 over on the thruway in the last 5 years. Im not seeing this having a major effect on me.

That said, I’m still pretty confident I will be leaving this state. Probably permenantly.

Interestingly enough:

If you can’t plea down a 20 over ticket, that means you get 11 points, which means you get a DRA, which is 675 dollars, plus an 85 dollar state surcharge, plus the fine just for speeding. 20 over will cost you 1000 dollars. No joke.

I had a DRA when I moved to Texas. Ny made me pay the balance in full when I left or else they’d issue a bench warrant. $1000+ for speeding is sickening. Almost as bad as Va.

my dad was pulled over in Montana, given a ticket for 16 over… cop said he could pay it on the spot…$40 cash.

Montana is awesome.

Tax free hot spots?! Where will those be?

I’d rather have Empire Zone Tax Credits back

Promote development and historic tax credits

This isn’t really that bad, ny just had it easy. When I moved back to NY I was pleasantly surprised that you could plea down to parking tickets - even for a 30mph over. In DC/MD/VA(DMV) I would have needed a lawyer ($$), served a week in jail, gotten a reckless ($2500?) and something like 12 points. Anything over 20mph over in va is reckless with possible jail time. I ran into that situation 4 times while living down there. You have no idea how happy I am to hear this is the “worst”.

^Still sucks brah.

If that was the case I would have fake plates and I’d never stop. F that noise.

Word, I got a 14 over in VA and even with a lawyer, could only get it knocked down to a 9 over. AND had to go to a full day driving school thing. Fucking VA is tough on speeders.

More interesting is these new laws won’t apply to the cities of Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, and NYC as they are already run by the DMV court which is no plea and max penalty.

Once again, Cuomo attacking the people who don’t live in big cities.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j431/piratemosh666/Forum%20gifs%20and%20pics/MV5BMjA0NzA5NzgzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzY2OTI5__V1__SY317_CR10214317_.jpg…?

Oh, and all the people that are trying to leave…I bet they start posting Border Partol at the borders of neighboring states to keep you here if you owe taxes, speeding tickets etc…Thou shall not pass!!

Well, I guess it’s more like leveling it out for everyone, not really going after small-towners.

At the Reno airport the TSA lady was like, “Your license doesn’t expire until when?!?” We told her it was NY’s way of getting money out of people they know will leave the state before that.

You can still plea down under the proposal. You just can’t plea down to a non-moving violation. Many judges won’t let you plea to a non-moving violation on a 20+ anyway. This just makes it law.

i still don’t understand why everyone HATES on speeding…

yeah, school zones, villages etc…

but, if you’re doing 78 in a 65 on the 219 between boston and springville at 2pm… are you REALLY putting lives in danger?

I understand laws are laws…but, really… come on.

I think your fine should vary on the road you are on… 7mph over in a school zone at 2:30pm? $150… 16 over on the 219 at 11pm at night… $50. but that’s just me

You’re smart.