DMV/Title Question

So before I try calling them tomorrow, here’s the situation. I bought a used car from a dealer in PA a few months back. I registered it at the DMV and gave them the title - to hopefully have it changed over to my name and over to a NYS Title.

I had no problems at the DMV at all when I went in there to give them title/sales receipt, and all the other information. Car is registered - plates and all. The problem is that it’s been just over 3 months and I have not received the title back in the mail or heard anything.

When I use the check your Title Status on the DMV’s website it says “A title has not yet been issued” for the VIN of my car.

Should I be worried?

Does this process take a long time since it’s going back and forth between PA and NY? Anyone have any experience?

if it says “title not issued” they have it and havent processed it yet, if they didnt have it the website would read “VIN not found” or something to that effect, the DMV sits on out of state titles for an average of 60 days, you can call them and tell them to hurry the fuck up and they will expediate it…

Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Just to let anyone know if someone has this problem - The Title Services Bureau - which whom I spoke with said that out-of-state titles take 10 weeks to process. Getting mine April 10th apparently - registered the car at the end of January.

That’s totally normal.

how long does it usually take for in-state title?

Average for me has been about 6-8 weeks.