DMV ?

I just bought a car and have the title, hand written bill of sale, my license and will have the insurance card in the morning. I just wanted to see if anyone knows about the DMV form for sales tax? I filled one out for CK1 with my truck, but others say that the hand written bill is fine. Can someone answer so I dont make 2 trips to the dmv.

Thanks

I believe the handwritten form is fine. Take that, the title, and your license in. I think thats all thats necessary.

Search the New York DMV website, you can download, fill-in and print the forms you will need so all you have to do it go there and stand in line. Have fun paying the $50 title fee that used to be $10. I almost shit last time I registered a vehicle.

I love NY

i told u the written out bill of sale is fine, whats the matter don’t trust me? :stuck_out_tongue:

the written bill of sale is fine for anything over 9 years old. If it’s less than that you have to fill out that yellow copy and have everyone (seller and buyer) fill it out correctly.

if you don’t, it’s not a huge deal, but they may mark you for audit to make sure the sale was what you say it was on the written bill of sale.

a little off topic, but if you dont mind a drive go to the DMV in arcade, i went there and there was a 5 minute waiting line, unlike the erie county dmv…

Would my 96 Audi qualify as 9 yrs old?? I think I will just print out all the forms and be prepared rather than make 2 trips

yes. Print out the forms. I’ll probably see you tomorrow, since I have to go register my winter car too.

there is a yellow tax for you have to fill out but you need the hand written bill of sale also. Get the form at the DMV info desk. You dont have to jump through hoops to print it out early… still have to wait in line… wont save you any time.

yeah, but you still need the other party to fill it out also. So that would make 2 trips if you were to do it correctly.

make a new receipt… that is much smaller than the other one… its my way of gettin back at the man … .errr… state.

Last time I reg’d a car I brought a 1/2 sheet of paper that had the ‘bill of sale’ scribbled on it (price, names, vin, sigs, date), title cert., ins. card, and cash.

:gotme:

Fuck, it’s $50 now?

Uhh, You should also plan on driving an hour to Niag. County (or otherwise), this will save You ALOT of time.

Shit, this reminds me, I still have to file for a title for the stang… I bought it fucking months ago. ugh

I printed all the forms up this morning and got them signed and all that jazz, as soon as Onyx gets here :hewassupposedtobehereoveranhourago: I can go register my new winter/daily.

i always go to the one in warsaw. seriously ive never seen a line there, and the ladies there are super nice/helpful.

the drive isnt bad either

where?

I went to the Cheektowaga on a couple weeks ago to turn in my plates and both the express and regular lines weren’t bad. Maybe 15-20 minutes.

Too bad you can’t use the express lanes for registrations. I printed out all my forms and still waited in line about 45 minutes. But at least it’s over with now.

bah, 45 minutes isnt bad at all.

I wish I could just mail it in… being an out of state title > me

Mobile DMV > * That is all

Where?