Do I Need To Chance The Studs?

Hey guy’s I’m changing the head gasket out on my SR and I was wondering if it’s a must to chance out the head studs at the same time or can I reuse the old ones? I’m gonna try and do this today so hopefully someone has some info! Thanks!

I would say change them even if they are just for stock ones or ARP ones if you can get them in short order

hmmm… does anyone know the part number for these? also are they the same as sr20 ones here?

now i’m not sure if all the SR20 guys recommend these…because the CA18 studs are completely different than whats listed here…

factory head bolts streach and should only be used once. I would get the ARP set. If you do get the factory bolts they are the same as the SR20DE in the sentras here so you can call up nissan in Calgary and edmonton and yo should come up with a set for you.

Use the SR application

Or if your going with a high boost engine, use the 1.8T VW ones. They are the same size, slightly stonger material and usually cheaper and easier to find.

Little secret freshalloy has

If they are torque to yield then defianatly. And if not I still wouldn’t chance them. I mean spend the time and money on the engine theres no reason to chance it with possibly shotty studs.

lol problem solved… i just bought a rb20 to replace the sr till i can fix it haha thanks for the help guys!