do not call list

i’ve heard that cell numbers are going to telemarketers in October. don’t know if its true but you might wanna put your sell number on the do not call list

www.donotcall.gov

october of 2004 maybe

really? you get telemarketers on your cell?

I thought the only way they could get your cell number is if you signed up for one of those scames they have in the mall like the free car give away or the free all expenses paid trips.

I just registered my home, and both our cell phones.

I tried doing it awhile back, but never got the email confirmation.

I still get telemarketers on my cell phone -

i heard the reason is because they are going to make a cel phone phone book…but i heard it probably won’t happen

thats cause you must have given out your number on something you filled out

No I don’t give it out to anyone. Unless I know them and I did do the no call list gov site. Its slowed down in the last few weeks probably because they are tired of hearing F U and then click…

good find…only 45% of cell numbers will be produced…verizon & sprint are not involved

i do not, i have sprint.

george posted relivant data.

You must register your cell phone with the national “Do Not Call” directory before 1 January 2005 to prevent your number from being provided to telemarketers: False

this has been going around for quite a while

Soon, however, some of the privacy that cell phones provide may be eroded. Six national wireless companies (AllTel, AT&T Wireless, Cingular, Nextel, Sprint PCS, and T-Mobile) have banded together and hired Qsent, Inc. to produce a Wireless 411 service. Their goal is to pool their listings to create a comprehensive directory of cell phone customer names and phone numbers that would be made available to directory assistance providers. (In most places, telephone users can call directory assistance at 411 [for local numbers] or by dialing an area code plus 555-1212 [for out-of-area numbers] and, by providing enough information to identify an individual phone customer [usually a full name and city of residence], obtain that customer’s phone number.

The Wireless 411 service would be strictly “opt-in” — that is, wireless customers will be included in the directory only if they specifically request to be added. The phone numbers of wireless customers who do nothing will not be included, those who choose to be listed can have their numbers removed from the directory if they change their minds, and there is no charge for requesting to be included or choosing not to be included.