Do US dealers buy cars from Canada?

I’m not happy until my US $20 pays for the dance and the tip again.

you tip?

fuuuuck that.

You’re supposed to tip?

LOLLLLL

the good ole days

I’m really not sure. I had one Canadian car ever, it was an 03 TDI. It was like trying to sell cancer. People would run the CarFax and be like " this has 180K miles on it, you must have rolled it back" they didn’t understand the KM conversion to the US cluster.

isnt that not an issue in most cars now since they are digital dash and you can chose between miles and kilometers in the menu?

People just didn’t understand why the last reading on Carfax was 180 something, and the car on my lot had only around 110 on it. I had to explain the last reading was in KM and the we installed a US cluster and that is the conversion to Miles. I even showed the the old cluster and kept it in the trunk. Not saying this would be an issue on many cars, but it for sure was on that one.

You can do this and we used to do it a lot when the exchange rate was better. You just have to make sure that the cars are imported correctly.

yeah sent you a pm.

not sure how long the window of opportunity will exist (while the exchange is so much in your favor) but super interested to get involved in this kind of thing.

I sold two RVs to the same Canadian customer this year but that was it. One of our salesmen lost $20k in business this year because Canadian customers aren’t coming down here with the current exchange. I know it cost me as least one deal. Importing isn’t that hard, just do it right like Beck said haha. Using the rate to sell to US customers is a great idea.

That CTS-V looks bad ass.

yeah i don’t want to be dealing with retail stuff myself… maybe cool stuff like the CTS-V and the Vette into the US would be cool but that’s it.

other than doing project management i’m just looking to figure out the wholesale bit and seeing if it works. the game plan back 10 years ago was sending truck loads of cars to the auctions but these guys never did any notable business in WNY for some reason.

if i wanted to list up the C7 or the CTS-V where do people do that in the US? just autotrader or ebay?

economy is poop up here so i imagine there would be better luck down south.

Thats a great deal on that CTS V dang…and its ONE color!

Yeah the exchange rate dropped another 1/4 cent in your favor today so it’s only getting better.