Do we really need SUV's? Turbos? Big cars?

The thing i don’t understand is why they put a huge motor in the hummers? 90% of the people who buy them don’t use them to do anything but give to their wives, pick the kids up, or pick bitches up downtown w/ 28" rims. So why do you need a gas guzzling V8? never seen a hummer run at the valley. Maybe one has, but most are just used to show how much money you have. So why not put a more fuel efficient V6 in 'em? no one cares how fast your hummer is, and most people don’t take their $50,000 suv off roading. Atleast offer them with smaller motors?

Yea i was thinking, since they dont use them for offroading, at least offer a smaller engine, and bigger for somone wanting to offroad, but isnt that shit mega heavy so a smaller motor would struggle? dont bash me too hard i dont even know one spec on a hummer other than i heard it gets 8mpg somewhere

oh and about the ontopic subject here, that really sucks but GM has been in some DEEP shit the few years they tried a bunch of different things… loosing 50 billion plus over a 3 year period… damn?

can we say mortgage payment… fucking christ… :runaway

exactly its getting pretty fuckin ridiculous

Your thoughts are it will get better gas milage? Not really… a little motor trying to move 7k lbs around town not only will cause one to press the pedal further, but reduces tow capacity, increases engine stress and can be dangerous when merging in traffic. Now, to offer a turbo option on a 6 banger would be great. Reality is I hate the H3, its just stupid. Dumb 5 cyl engine, can’t tow shit or get out of its own way. Fact is that most people don’t get it, my H2 get virtually the same gas milage as most gas pick-up trucks. My 04 Silverado got within 1/2 mile per gallon of the H2. And the Silverado towed like crap up hills. I think GM needs to get a more efficient powerplant in place, as does Ford and Dodge and all Truck manufacturers. Yes, this includes Toyota, which has its issues too.

At $2.50 a gallon, we can survive… at $5 it will press the economy hard. I am looking for a better alternative, but even the Cheyenne gets shitty milage.

yea for real, i was thniking the same thing everyone targets the hummer but there is so many other trucks getting SHIT gas mileage I never thought about it until my bro started driving that F250 recently and you would think it wouldnt be too bad but please that thing is gotta be close to a hummer in hogging the gas

A heavy duty gas truck is alot worse… some 2500 and 3500 gassers are lucky to get 10-12 mpg with the shitty ethonol mix.

Its no secret thatrucks eat just as much gas.My work Truck Silverado, the 35000HD Dump body and the F-450 are hogs but you deal because they have a purpose. The hummer is reallly just a styled SUV. Other then for advertising or towing with some models (plenty of better options available) No one wants to fill a 25 gallon tank on and every day driver. The trucks will survive mostly do for work reasons ase there much more useful

Can’t disagree with that.

i understand, i just meant for people who buy them for their wives… or kids, or people who arent going to use the hummer toits potential… make it out of plastic, and put a 4 banger in it. No one will tell the difference, unless you try to tow something or go off-road.

hummer w/ a B20 in it ftw! :lol

I read somewhere that only 2% of SUV’s ever leave paved roads.

i dont know u got alot of people talking trash because they softened it up from the H1

Well said John.

I always thought that Hummer was past it’s due, and H2’s and H3’s are just appeasements to try to save the brand new, which obviously didn’t succeed.

That 2% includes Lawns however :headbang

i dont like people buying big suv’s either but i have to admit, i love using my moms suv to plow through snow banks in the winter its fun as hell :smiley:

Newer hummers blow, they are the dumbest things i have ever seen/heard of, the original hummer served a purpose, IN THE MILITARY, and thats it, it should never been made into a production car. There pretty much useless except for guzzling gas.

Why do you not like people buying big SUV’s ? What da f do u care what people buy?

This generation is beyond me.

I like big, I like fast. It seems many here like small and slow. We’re all just a lil different.

Grab you stock truck of choice and lets go off roading and see who sucks and blows and who needs to get pulled out. :idiots

useless vehicles. i agree with you 100%. i was in one, once. i look at it, and im like, well its a large vehicle. its prolly like a bus inside. i get in the back and my head hit the roof. i slid down and my knees went into the front seat. so its either hit my head or my knees. COME ON! that thing is like a school bus and has less room than my A6? embarassing! melt them down for parts for normal usefull cars. melt them all down and make 5 times as many Kei cars, we need em in the US

hmm maybe i said that wrong, i shoulda said "I thinking buying a suv if your gonna use it to go to weekly errands like groceries and the bank , its kind of useless or overkill because the original intent of suv was sport utility (ya really)

its none of my business what anyone buys of course… we all know that

this generation… pff

mmmm, i never understood why people from say loudonville buy them. its an offroad vehicle. you people live where theres pavement, why do u need a vehicle with a foot and a half of clearance? to do what? so your dumb ass can run into curbs getting your latte at dunkin donuts? if you live in the mountanous area where they dont plow roads and u have a half mile gravel or dirt driveway to your cabin, yea, understandable. you NEED one to climb over all sorts of shit in the woods and go thru mud in the fall or whatever.