Do you have a fenced in back yard?

With summer on the way and the 3 boys getting sick of being in the house, I want to fence in our backyard. I’m not sure what kind of fence I want (chain link or vinyl).

What do you have? Do you like it? And where did you get it?

Thanks

Fenced, chain link, came with the house. I like it just fine and I think going some other type of fence would look strange when everyone in my neighborhood has the same type of fence.

isn’t your back yard like several acres? :lol:

My yard was mostly fenced in by neighbors’ fences when I moved in, so I just finished it off with vinyl. Having no maintenance is pretty nice.

yes and its a wooden fence from Oneida

Just get an invisible fence

I’m doing a Wooden & Chain-link combo come spring-time. 6’ wooden or vinyl across the front of my side yard for privacy, and 4’ chain-link for the rest of the yard.

You’d need some way to lock the shock collars on or the kids would just take them off though.

It sucks that you have to take the shitty side if you do wood.

I’d like to do a 6’ board on board wood fence this summer. Im waiting on approval from the home owners association.

I have vinyl. 6’ dog ear from Lowes.

It was pretty easy to put in.
A friend and I did ~50’ in one day.
OT: I was going to make an elbow and run it to the neighbors garage, but after I bought the materials they told me I could not put it on their property. That made it cost 2x more :frowning:

I have seen people who put the shitty side towards the neighbors yard. It happens more often than you would think.

Yes the back yard is like 7 acres :lol: but I am only looking to fence in a small area,that is big enough for the swing set,sand box,trampoline…and any other outside toys. Not to worried about privacy. Just looking to keep my kids trapped in, but knowing them they figure out how to get out…

If they live somewhere like Amherst, they run the risk of dick neighbors making them re-do the whole thing.

:wave: But the one who put the shitty side out feeds me beers in the summer so it’s all good.

While I’m sure it happens, I can’t even imagine being that much of a prick to someone.

I put the nice side out… Only because I did not want neighbor kids climbing my damn fence.

Good fences make good neighbors.

yeah one of my neighbors at my rents house had one with the shitty side out and then a new family moved in one one side of him, some twat with 3 kids and no husband. She insisted that her kids were going to climb the fence and fall off the other side and threatened to call the town if he didn’t fix it. He switched it, but conveniently re-stained half of it mahogany red and left the other half gray.

chain link around the whole yard. have to have it, we’ve got a pool.

On the side of my house I have chain link came with the house. The house next door used to be my other fence since the houses were so close. Now that the house is gone a wooden privacy fence will be going up.