Fence facing imward or out, what is acceptable?

I have built the fence around my hose on both sides of the neighbors, i put the nice side out. i need to do the back and there is limited space, its gonna be up against their fence by about 6" or so. I wont really have room to face the nice side out so i will be putting it on my side. Is this a law or myth in the city of buffalo?

their are laws to enforce this, it depends on your area. They can complain if it is illagal you may be forced to change it.

I know there may be laws, but are they in Buffalo? I really dont think my neighbors would be pissed but they might be pissed if i dont ask them if they wanna take their fence down so it would be nicer on their side. I really dont think they wanna take down a old metal chain link fence.

Edit: A few pics, red dots are gonna be fence posts. I probably could get the fence attached on the other side but if its a pain on the ass I might face the good side towards me.

face the good side out always

↑Heard that before but do i need to? There is no clear answer yet.

I could’ve sworn there was another thread on here with this exact same question.
The OP made a fence with the good side facing the neighbor, then the neighbor complained to the town and made him switch it around.

I’m speculating but it’s probably somewhere in the zoning laws. At the least it’s courtesy to face the good side outwards.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?155455-Back-yard-fencing-question-etiquette

why dont you contact your town advisor and your neighbor and not us.

↑ Why dont you suck my balls Newb?

I’ll post it.

ya its your fence put it the way you want ,dont bother asking the neighbors, or following codes. If anything happens just tell them to piss off, some kid on NYspeed with a camaro said your be good bro.

thats what your looking for?

seriously, one call to the city of buffalo or w/e town you’re in would answer this question real quick.

No Im looking for someone that knows the answer, not someones opinion.

Good side out

However maybe you should ask your neighbor if they wanted to take down their fence and just use yours, since caring for the fence would be a PITA and probably end up looking like real shit on their side in a few years since you wont be able to get at it.

but it depends on how that middle fence is secured

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

However maybe you should ask your neighbor if they wanted to take down their fence and just use yours, since caring for the fence would be a PITA and probably end up looking like real shit on their side in a few years since you wont be able to get at it.

but it depends on how that middle fence is secured

Just do what you want and if your neighbors bitch, play dumb. “I thought you had the fence put up!!”

J/k. As you said, without taking their fences down it would be a big pita to put the goodside out. You should probably talk with your neighbors. Also call your town and ask them and be sure to ask about another fence interfering with putting the finished side outward.

rrrrriiiiiggghhhht. omg i needz a hirer number like yooO@@!!!

and thats what a forum is. opinions. my opinion is thank god you want to put up a fence your yard looks atrocious

Not always true. When your neighbor has a pool they don’t want kids to be able to crawl over the rails. Ask the town, you should be filing a premit in most towns anyways.

I just had a shadow picket installed recently: 6x6 on the posts and shadow picket with tighter 2" spacing.

Wouldn’t having good side out prevent neighbor kids from jumping into your pool? or are you saying if they had a pool, you want good side facing you?

Sorry, if your neighbor has a pool this applies.

Sure it is but Im looking for facts not your shitty opinion. This place is full of facts. You must also be retarded and cant catch on why my yard looks like shit. Also your opinion is not needed but appreciated, Thanks.

Its a clear cut question, is it legal or not, I am not concerned with being polite.