Do you have a Magnus mani on your evo?

Yikes.

http://www.buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20657

:tup: the stock intake manifold/TB work wonders in stock form, if u want to go big, send them to buschur and get them ported… GOOD to go

lol at magnus not dyno testing their intake manifold products. that is pretty ridiculous.

hahaha screwed. thats why hes running 8s and everyone else 7s

meh, im not going to agree with the intake manifold as I have had my problems with it in the past. Marco, Gary and I have talked about this multiple times. I wouldn’t worry about this based on the things i have seen in the works and thats all i will say:snky:

FYI this post about the manifold was made in response to buschur getting ripped apart on EVOM by everyone, and then Marco.

Thats why its on his own forum…it’s his own personal soap box. I dont see any dyno results posted on his part either, it’s a claim.

No other forum would let his drivel stand.

Here is Dave Buschur in typical form. Yeah he goes 9s, but hes an asshat, and the rest of the Mitsu community knows this.

On top of that if you are going to “polish” a bearing you put a cross hatch on the surface, not just wipe it with a piece of emory cloth and this should be done in a clean running solvent not wiped with a lint rag (or dirty rag that he was using) where you can introduce fibers and particles to the bearings…but whatever, he’s dave buschur…lets all bow down.

lol, Not a liar? but definitely a douche bag :tup:

Dave’s an asshat. Always has been. Always will be.

agreed

fuck deep down i’m still a honda guy and even i know this info. i’ve had a small insight into the magnus parts works and i would have to agree with Don :snky:

Holy crap, a 34hp loss, and nobody had brought that up sooner?

I find that hard to believe.

The only Magnus manifolds I ever bought (1 Evo, and 1 STi) both looked like a little kid made them and I was embarrased to sell them. Metal stuck out into port areas, the welding was horrendous looking and had pinhole leaks all over, there were awful steps from the runners to the flanges that met the intake manifold etc.

Granted that was a couple years ago and I haven’t seen one since because I refuse to sell them. I can only hope their quality has improved.

Wow. :tup:

Doesn’t Buschur get half their shit from Canada? They just stamp their name on it and sell it as “god’s gift.”

I haven’t followed, but has there been any shit talk about AMS? Their products seemed legit.

I like my Magnus. Mind you, its not the Evo one that is being questioned, but still, I can’t imagine going back to stock. I do however have a pinhole leak in one of the welds. Easy fix. And I’m not worried about pitting my manifold against a stocker or cyclone for that matter, I know it’ll >*

AMS does the same thing lol

pretty much everything on my car is buschur, ive talked to dave A LOT and ive never ever had a problem with him or his company

^^
did it get you gains, or do you just like how it looks?

Like Mike wrote, the welds are a bit sloppy and I got it used so its not in perfect shape. I would of been as happy if it wasn’t polished. I changed so much at once with my setup that its kinda hard to measure. I don’t have unlimited access to a dyno so I have never put a stock one up against a Magnus. But the DSM one is proven to be better then stock.

I’m pretty sure TurboTSi went from a stock to a Magnus and felt a considerable difference especially top end. He can vouch for it.

The issue here is that the Evo one is designed pretty well from the factory. It is a much better unit then what DSMs came equipped with.

lol interesting! i was unware, not into the import world but i’ve always heard about how fast he is, funny hearing the other side of the story.

mike

I have/had a Magnus on my 96 Talon. Yes the autocross car had a sheet metal intake. It definitely flowed top end 5500+ a hell of a lot better than stocker. The difference was more noticeable when I swapped out from some HKS cams. Now did I do any testing with other SMIM? Nope. Did I loose some low end torque and mid range. A bit. Spool up increased 200 -300 rpm but the extra 1500 RPM - 2000 RPM of pull made up for that.

Is it for everyone? Nope. Throw a sheetmetal intake, ANY Sheetmetal intake, on a completely stock DSM and you will wonder how anyone could sell such crap for that amount of money. throw it on a built machine with a well match parts profile and you will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.

On evo’s it may be a different story.

Still hard for you to get used to saying “had” huh?!??!