Do you still go to movie theatres?

The last time I went to see a movie was to see batman the dark knight. That was a long time ago. Before then… I honestly can’t remember

The whole idea of movie theatres are archaic. Here, give me $30. Ok, let’s herd you into a giant room full of strangers to stare at a screen. Someone’s cell phone is guaranteed to go off, or have some idiot talking. $8 for pop corn. Hope you don’t mind sticky floors

Maybe I’m just a hater. I’d rather go out for dinner and drinks instead

Does anyone agree with me?

Totally agree. The price is idiotic, and I really just don’t have the patience or desire to sit and watch a 2 hour movie. Most of the stuff that comes out is shit anyway. Anytime my fiance asks if I want to go see a movie, I can’t even pick one I’d be remotely interested in.

Much rather go to a bar with friends and relax.

Last time I went was the Drive-Inn, I dont mind that as much as a normal theater. But I just dont have the time.

I could see going to a drive in. The whole ability to smuggle in beer part is pretty key

I go to the movies maybe 3-4 times a year. It’s okay, but I’d rather spend my money elsewhere.

I just got back from one actually. Some dudes were cracking beers behind me the entire time. I was more upset that I didn’t have any beer than the sound itself. Things like that make me loose my drive to go see a movie.

I go to the North Park 2-3 times a year. Great place.

There are a lot of theaters here in Texas with bars in then. That being said I still only go a few times per year.

I go to the movies all the time…pay for them…that’s another story haha. My uncle is corporate with Regal, so I get in free whenever I want. I did pay to see The Avengers on opening day though. Well worth it.

Minus the booze,bars and movie theaters are pretty much on the same level.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/94wvwglxvr6/8bf1f8ba.jpg

No desire to go. High prices and rude people. Swear I almost lose my mind everytime I go because of some inconsiderate douche kicking the back of my seat through the whole show.

I goto the drive in when 2 good movies are playing together…2 movies for the price of one theater ticket…comfort of my car which is pretty comfy…and their concessions are about half the price as well…

i only go because i keep getting stupid regal gift cards. i go maybe 3-4 times per year. if that

^ This. There are a few big blockbusters the wife and I don’t feel like waiting for, and I’m too much of an HD snob to watch shitty cam rips. Usually wait a week or so for the crowds to die down and avoid places like Regal Elmwood or the Galleria. Went to see Avengers, will see Batman and the wife will definitely want to see the Hobbit.

The majority of the time we’ll just wait for the HD rips to be available. Watching a 58" screen with a great 5.1 sound system from 10’ away is just as good as the theater and if one of my guests starts talking or texting with their phone on flashlight mode I pause the movie and tell him to get the fuck out of my house. :slight_smile:

Ohio, too. I saw The Hangover in one, that was memorable.

We have a nice local theater that’s never really busy, so it’s worth it for a change of pace. I’ll be seeing Prometheus opening weekend, I’m sure.

I still go 5-6 times a year…It’s not that expensive I would be spending the same amount of money out at a bar or dinner anyways.

Not trying to sound like a baller… but 20 dollars for entertainment for two people for two hours isn’t really “breaking the bank”… a round of mini golf probably costs about the same, and lasts less. And if you can’t go 2 hours without eating or drinking… you should be in the gym, not watching a movie…

Haha, I agree but at the same time, I agree more with the OP. Movies suck

I dont mind going and paying to see a movie, but I cant stand the movie theater atmosphere. It seems its just young kids making small talk and being douche bags throughout the entire movie. So i typically wait for the movies to just come out on dvd.