Do you think diesel is worth it anymore?

Pop? ultra low sulfur? What?

I is confoosed

Go back to trying to desperately trying to hang out with the Rochester street racing crowd.

Low sulfur diesel is what was used before ULSD. Ultra low sulfur diesel.
2007+ diesels are required to run on it, and all other diesel motors “should” use it as it “pollutes less”
If you run low sulfur diesel in a 2007+ diesel motor, it will blow up. (i’ve never actually heard this happening though)

^^ I filled up with ULSD in Scranton yesterday, runs about the same from what I have seen…

I bought my TDI because we have a source of waste oil and a machine to process it, so biodiesel is in the near future, plus the car is the smoothest I have ever driven, very comfortable!

ya for a pre-07 TDI ULSD wont make any difference (or so they claim) for a motor designed for LSD. IMO its better to run lsd… the sulfur acts as a lubricant in the motor.

the owner of my car ran only Bio (he claimed) I run Indian res diesel… but im currently at 270k runs great.

^ nice, sounds good, I am at 231k KM, which is about 143k miles, car runs like a champ, good investment in my mind even though the prices are pretty huge

how does your mileage run on the res diesel? my first tank was 441 miles @ 9.7 gallons on Noco Diesel

anyone happen to know if the new ulsd vehicles will run on wvo?

also anyone know whats involved in doing say a uk diesel swap into a usdm car or if its even possible/legal?

i am pretty sure i remember reading something that said they will accept up to B5 biodiesel, which pretty much rules out the WVO setup… However, its unclear if it pertains to affecting warranty, or what the motor will run on

as far as a swap you will have to find out what guidelines there are for importing engines, i remember seeing stuff on the customs, epa and dot websites when i was doing research, check it out!

do you breath your tank?
I get about 700 per tank… about 45-50MPG but my car is stock (no chip :frowning: )
Mostly city stop and go though… I make it a week and a half on a tank…

Edit: breath there is a little metal tab in the filler neck, press and hold that down (tawords the tank) as you fill… you should get close to 13 gallons if your right at where the light comes on.

^ I have put over 15 gallons in my tank before, yeah I was coming close to running out.

I have a feeling I will be buying a 09 TDI wagon when they come to NY

it wasnt empty, i had about a quarter or so left and 290 miles to drive, wanted to fill up while it was cheap in PA! came out to 45.1 MPG from what I had used on the tank before…

and i was curious as to how big the tank was, because our manual says its 14.5, i dont think it could be even close to that! you have a 2001 as well right? mines an 2001.5 but its probably the same stuff

^ your tank is 14.5, purging the tank you can get over 15 gallons into it