Do you work for the airlines??

I have this question also posted in my other thread…but I need an educated answer.

I am taking a cruise and heard the drinks are HIGHLY expensive…then I have heard of sneaking liquor on the boat…NOW this would mean that I would want to take that liquor on my plane ride from Pittsburgh, PA to Puerto Rico.

Should I pour this liquor into water bottles and hid them through out my “checked” luggage?? Will I get away with this?? Or do you have any suggestions? Thanks!!

you wont get away with it. you have to buy any liquids after sercurity

stop being a cheap ass

pm flatblackterror

yeah you’re nuts…drinks start at $4-10 ( beer/ liquor ) possibly more plus you have to pay 15% gratuity per drink. I will be on this cruise for 8 days total. I may not be drinking a whole lot but I am not planning on drinking those PRICEY drinks the WHOLE time either.

honestly, i have friends that have given this a shot plenty of times. 9 times out of 10 you get busted. they have done the listerine bottles and everything! I would just suck it up and pay the high drink prices!

But to better answer your question, its easy to get liquid on a plane when its checked. sometimes the boat is another story!

how long is your hold over before you board? See if you can catch a cab to the liquior store buy the booz there and then take it on the cruise

I have money set aside for “whatever” I figured it out to like no more than $55 a day ( for 8 days ) thats not including tips I have that covered with other funds. But I will say that I would rather save that $$ than drink it away casually. Basically I’m not rolling in dough, ya herd.

I am not sure about the lay over. But from what Whitey says its not a big deal with the airlines as much as it is with the ship. Although…there is obviously that percentage of people that have successfully gotten outside liquor on the ship. ( I was thinking shampoo bottles )??

bikini pics ftw

i am not saying its impossible… but make sure you start cleaning those bottles out asap! I know on Carnival they actually spot checked the room for illegal alochol!

I get where you are coming from def. and I appreciate your advice. I obviously won’t be drinking like YOU Mr. Whitey and those RMU boys of yours :stick:

I just want to be able to party like a rockstar (with liquor) if I so very well find that appealing at that time, without having to worry that I am gonna have to wash the dishes at the end of my vacation. :burnout: So I guess I am going to put a decent amount in my bag and have my friend do the same.

Wish us good luck…

Here is my question who is the cruise operated by??

Royal Caribbean… leaving from Puerto Rico.

Straight from there website:

Q: Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

I good news you can purchase liquor from the duty (tax) free shop on board which you can drink anytime you want. Its some what reasonably priced and there are the brand names available as well. Not to mention you can get smashed when your in port. Ive sailed with Royal before and had a great time as you were impiling " I partied like a rock star. " The best part was I was only 18!!

Here is the deal you can bring it back with you, however I dont recommend it.  Bottles pack within your luggage can break reguardless of how well you pack them. 

Hope this small novel answered your question. If anyone has travel questions please pm me Ill do my best to answer them.

you’re the man…thanks Paul…and you’re right I am at port for 5 days out of the 8…good advice- I wasn’t even thinking of that.

mmmmm shampoo :yum:

Your cheap as hell! Spend the fucking money, your on vacation, geeze woman.

I kinda liked the idea a squeezing a shot of wiskey out of a celson blue bottle.

not with the new rules changes are you going to get alcohol as a carry on.also do you really think alcohol is going to make it to where you are going under neath the plane. it will either get stoolen or broken

:rofl: