Carnival Cruises????

ok so im looking at going on a cruise in october. it seems like a pretty good deal, 5nights for $300.

I have never been on a cruise so dont rly know too much about them. will it be a pretty good time for a group of friends? like its not just a family thing right?

I know alcohol is not included, and your technically not allowed to bring your own, but how much is it on board? can you buy bottles or only drinks at the bars? is drinking limited to certain areas on the boat?

oh, and when i was looking at the purchase screen it asked if i wanted to pay for tips in advance, should i do this? seems like its just a way for them to double up, as id imagine they will still expect tips on the boat. but yeah, any other info would be great.

When did you become a 50 year old married man?

What date in October? Which islands?

When you chose the tips ahead of time - you never tip on the boat then. You can also “cancel” any or all tips on the ship at the desk if you want…if you have bad service or something.

It’s expensive to drink on a cruise…always is.

There is a “club” on the boat so I guess it’s okay for friends…but yes it’s a family cruise too.

Pedobear approves of family cruises.

I’m leaving on a Carnival Cruise on Saturday afternoon out of Tampa, I’ll let you know how it goes. Booked it through AAA and got a decent deal. 5 nights.

its leaves from san diego and goes down mexico, stops in cabo then back up to ensenada then back to SD.

i picture the club rly sucking. id be more interested in just chilling by a pool and drinking and eating alot (i hear cruises are good for that)

Ah, mine is the other side, Tampa to Grand Cayman to Cozumel back to Tampa.

Carnival has always been the el cheapo cruise but if you just want to get drunk with your friends it’s all good.
I went on a Carnival about 20 years ago and we included the tips but our room was such a disgusting disaster everyday that we gave additional tips as well because we felt bad.:lol:

so as far as drinking goes, can you buy bottles? bar by the pool? can you even drink by the pool??

you can drink wherever u want on the boat. spec drinks are like 8 bucks each in the keep sake glass. my wife and I spend 350 for the week and we drunk light. Pop pass is 20 dollars for unlimited pop all week. if you buy bottles on the boat, they lock them up til u get off. Same if you buy bottles on islands. they take them. You an bring on up to 2 bottles i believe. When you go to dinner, tell your waiter you cant make up your mind and they’ll ask you what 2 entrees you would like. We had a guy next to us do this every single nite we were on the boat.

haha.

damn, sounds like drinking is going to be $$$.

maybe vegas is a better idea

there is a bar by every pool lol

oh and dont use carnival for the tours on the island unless u are going to diving or something. If you wanna see the islands, find a local and pay them like 15-20 per person instead of the 60 per person carnival wants.

went on a cruise a few years ago through carnival - it was def awesome, but i think id rather spend the $ to go to one of the islands and jsut stay there even though it was neat to see diff places.

something about spending a vacation on a gigantic mobile petri dish turns me off.

Vegas is ALWAYS a better idea.

I was in Puerto Rico a couple months ago, so I’m curious to see which I like more and in which ways. In PR I didn’t leave the beach except for about 7 hours to check out Old San Juan which was nice.

My roommate went on one of those last spring, him and his buddies snuck bottles on board, obviously you want a few of your friends with you. You can buy beer on the boat, those new aluminum bottles i believe.

i like cruises… you see a few places. food is typically good. drinks are expensive but <10 a piece… im thinking of taking a 14 day to europe soon.