Doctor advice

Over the summer in august the area under the back of jaw started to hurt. I felt around and was a lump there. So i go to my primary doctor and she prescribes me anitbiotics and says it is a swollen lympnod. She also had me make a follow up appt 6 wks later. The antibiotics did nothing. Pain was still there and so was this lump. From here she refers me to an ear nose and throat doctor. I go to him and he wants to take a biopsy. So he does that, and the results come back as most likely a reactive lymphnod. He suggested having it removed. So i agreed. Thinking that this will tell me finally what is going on. So i had surgery about 3 weeks ago. When they took the lympnod out they sent it to the lab to be looked at. When the results came back my docotor said they think it is just a reactive lymphnod and the found nothing to lead to think it would be cancer. I leave his office and im happy with the news and was also happy this was over with. But now for the last 4 days that area has been hurting again but lower twoards my neck and shoulder. Should i go back to this doctor or just wait and see how this turns out. I dont want to be a pain in the ass to this guy, but at the same time if something is wrong i would like it to be taken care of.

um go back. that is his job.

are you serious? get your ass to the doctor man. Don’t fuck with your health.

I say change the timing belt…and maybe some new sparkplugs…

OH WAIT THIS IS A FUCKING CAR FORUM…GO SEE A DOCTOR…DON’T TRUST THE CAR EXPERTS TO YOUR HEALTH…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:4,topic:39767"”]

OH WAIT THIS IS A FUCKING CAR FORUM…GO SEE A DOCTOR…DON’T TRUST THE CAR EXPERTS TO YOUR HEALTH…

[/quote]

:clap: +1

go back! it probably is nothing, but i wouldn’t wait.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/formulals1/l_83d5391a7bbb2dd0895893e2314262bd.jpg

The forum is full of these kind of people

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:7,topic:39767"”]

The forum is full of these kind of people

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

it totally looks like mark got caught making the :gay: smiley

go to the doctor, and you guys really like the Asians, nice!

[/quote]

DOT

You’re worried that you have cancer so you’re asking a car forum if it’s OK to bother your doctor? If I knew you I would come find you and slap you. :slight_smile:

im not worried that i have cancer. they said it was’t. i was wondering why i still have pain and if i should go back now. Its only been 3 weeks since my surgery so i didt know if it was from the surgery and it would go away or if it was something else. None the less i get the point that it was stupid to ask on a car forum. I got an appt. So thanks for the help.

Good deal. I hope it’s nothing serious.

Is this seriously the level of intelligence of todays youth???

If so I’m worried about our future…

[quote=“Fry,post:13,topic:39767"”]

Good deal. I hope it’s nothing serious.

[/quote]

:word: best of luck

i threw the original post into MS Word:

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score: 4.1

LOL.

definitely go to the doctor! You might have just an infection, or this one may have the same problem. As your doc probably explained to you, the lymph nodes is where the body fights off infection and often time those areas get swollen and tender. For example when you have a sore throat due to infection you can actually feel the lymph nodes around your adam’s apple area inflammed, its actually pretty cool! You might feel pain from a surgery, but since this pain is just occuring I would think it would not be related to the surgery. Since they did a biopsy, I would not think it would be cancerous lymphoma, especially in only 3 weeks.

You have lockjaw, great job getting Tetanus.

I’m an MD, just check the screen name.