Words of advice from an elder

OK let me start by saying this is NOT a look at me thread or looking for sympathy post.
advice- when something doesnt feel right go to the doctor. dont let tyour ego get in the way.
I have spent the last 3 days in dr’s offices and radiology dept’s. About a week ago i startesd getting headaches and having a general “disconnected feeling” went to my primary who refferesd me to a neurolgy guy. who did mri’s/ct’s and thinks i might have a tumor/growth in my brain. He reffered me to a neurosurgeon who thinks it might have been a mini-stroke about a week to 10 days ago(which he says is more common than you’d think). I’ve always been the type to put/brush off things (pains etc…) ther gist of it is dont put shit relating to your health off. Monday i go for a pet scan which hopefully will give the dr’s a better idea.
and before you brush this off as just being old i’m only 40 trust me its not that old and you’ll be there before you know it

Wow…good luck man.

shitty deal, stay strong

Good luck Pauly.

Good luck Pauly!!!

:grouphug: Pauly.

Yea, my godmother has seen many doctors for similar problems etc etc come to find out that people generally suffer over 100 “mini strokes” from the age 20 - age 70. :eek:

real scary…i hit my head last weekend and had a headache for a day after, and all i kept thinking about was that actress that hit her head skiing, was FINE for a few days, then just dropped dead or something like that…had NO symptoms or anything.

Scary how tough the human body can be in some cases, and at the same time be so fragile to other things.

Best of luck homes…

shitty man, best of luck to you

Good luck man, stick it to it.

good luck man. I have had BAD headaches seance my last concussion. my primary doctor ignores me every time I bring it up. Im 21 at you are right, I better get something figured out. There are times I can not walk and I feel sick to my stomach its so bad

good luck man.

my father has had two mini-strokes and never knew it either time.

give us a call @ the shop if there’s anything you need done or need help with until you’re back in the swing of things.

Keep me posted… I hope everythings ok…

:frowning: Salsaritas maybe at the end of this month?!?!?

if theres anything i can do let me know.

Good luck.

I haven’t been to the doctors in 4 years.

My buddy had the same thing happen. Except when he had HIS “mini” stroke…he drove to the hospital. Had a tumor removed a few days/weeks later.

Seems as though he made a full recovery.

Good luck and be strong.

Good luck Pauly. I often think I should stop at a doctors office, or at least get a primary physician. I have full health coverage through work but have not been to a doctors office for a check-up in 7 years.

me either, I dont even know my primary doctor’s name. I should probably go and have a checkup since im old

ugh good luck pauly hope everything works out for you.

Oh wow, not good. Best of luck to you sir.

Hope all goes well Pauly.

I put off the throbbing pain under my arm for a few days (10 years ago) only to find out I had Hodgkins Disease. Went through treatment and everything is fine now, but if you think something is wrong, get it checked out.