dodge guys

buddy at work has a 1998 dodge ram

said today his check engine light came on yesterday. and when he was going around a turn into base it wont shift out of 1st gear??

he just had new pads and front rotors put on

the only thing he can think of is that he drove through some pretty deep water yesterday about 2 feet?

im gonna run it of to transportation and plug it into the scan tool to read the code:

my buddy has a 96 dakota sport 4x4 and he did some off roading and turns out he got mud up in his tranny casing or the box. so i just thought i give ya my 2 cents. not that it matters.

hmmmmm, i dont know what it could be, but this might help, give it a try, on the tranny somewhere theres a plug with wires running to it, unplug it, it may stop doing what its doing, i had kinda the same problem with my old beater car i had, it would drive normal then it would shift into overdrive real soon and stay in that gear, even when i tried to restart it, then i pulled that plug off and it stopped doing it, but i just have to let you know, when you unplug it your odometer doesnt work ( well that might be a good thing too hehe) but give it a try and let me know what it does, if it doesnt help or doesnt have one then i wouldnt know, check a dodge forums, www.srtforums.com might help also

oh to read the code you dont have to hook up a obt tool either, just turn the key to ign (like on off on off on off) 3 times and the check engine light blinks count the blinks and check the code on the internet, 55 is end to let you know, the cel will flash a certain way, say like this, this would be code 35 = flash flash flash–pause-- flash flash flash flash flash. get the idea? try it out

i figured it out it was the tranny speed sensor

30 dollar part changed in the parking lot of work with a cresent wrench in 10 min

on the road

id rather drive no car then a mopar

stupid stupid design