does anyone have alldata online account

car 1994 taurus SHO 3.2L V6 DOHC automatic transmission

problem.

vehicle speed sensor not responding. I need a flow chart or diagnostic chart on how to trouble shoot this problem before I can trace out other problems.

I suck at wiring and I have been having problems with this sensor being intermittent for almost 3 years. FINALLY it does not work at all so now I need to track it down and get it fixed.

Check www.AllDataDIY.com it’s not that expensive for 1 car, I think like $20.

i got one via pm. thanks

if the wires going to the VSS from the ECM arent connected to anything along the way (ie just a pair of wires going from the ecu to the sensor) you could just solder two wires externally from the ecu connector straight to the VSS connector and leave the other two in the harness disconnected.

does any of the turbo plumbing run near the harness where those two wires might be? you might want to investigate under the loom to make sure everything is ok. connectors might be shot or corroded too maybe?

Brian

there is a connector at the sensor and one under the rear head wedged between the tranny and the engine in such a way you need a 3rd joint in your fore arm to disconnect it. I did however inspect it visually from about 2 feet away (closest I could get to it) the female pins are shiny and clean. inspecting the loom is a impossibility due to the shoe horned design of the SHO. I did think about running new wires straight from the PCM to the VSS but the fact that alldata has a is greater than 5ohm or less than 5ohm makes me think it may be a acceptable resistance… i just don’t know why I am reading any resistance at all when i’m measuring unplugged connector.