Does anyone have experience with esurance?

My rates went up again with GEICO and after shopping around these  esurance guys are way undercutting everyone else.  I have until Weds to  decide if I want to make the switch but want to hear some feedback on  them first.

had them for a year then they raised my rates (no i didnt get in an accident, recieve a ticket or change vehicles) so i split.
never had an accident so i dont have much to speak of in terms of service (good or bad)…it was purely about the rate

I guess the big question is why did your rates go up.

There’s a good chance that if it’s accident/ticket related esurance hasn’t done a real history check yet and about the time you go to put some money down they will and it will greatly increase the rate.

Who did you switch to?

From what they told me my rates went up b/c of a ticket in June and because of a raise is NYS health care that affected everyone.

The difference in rates is pretty crazy… full coverage with esurance is a little more than half of what GEICO charges without collision. I didn’t hide any of my tickets/incidents when filling out the online application. Still I’ll call them tomorrow and get a more realistic quote from them based on what you’re saying.

Someone else who had them told me they aren’t a tier 1 ins company so when they switched away from them it was like he hadn’t had insurance for the time he was with them. I’m not sure how much this makes sense.

geico.

They really screwed up King’s policy a few years ago… an error on their part landed him in trouble with Johnnie law. I’ll let him fill it the story.

go with who’s cheapest, switch when they raise your rates to who the cheapest is at that time.

insurers ‘take rate’ at different times to gain policy… go with the flow.

unless you’re in Canada… in which case, use an insurer who is partnered with CARSTAR so that i can keep my job… thanks :slight_smile:

I’d like to hear this story

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Never mind… just got off the phone with them to see what my actual rate would be. It jumped from about $600 every 6 months to $970. So much for getting away from GEICO.

Like I said, they don’t run your driving record for the quick quote because it costs them money. When they do a real quote and pull your abstract all of a sudden the rates go up.

Never tried them, but I got a pretty good rate with Geico, considering I’m sitting on a few point at the moment…

Everyones rates will Geico will go up in the next billing period, my bill went up about 40 bucks without any claims or violations. They applied for a rate increase with NYS, and now its going into effect.

Just got an email yesterday from them about my new paperwork being available. Rate stayed the same for me.

Really, WTF? I just got my bill a few wks ago and noticed the difference. I called and that was the explaination I got. Did you have an increase in the previous billing period?

I’ve been paying right around $540 every 6 months for 2 cars for quite a while. It went up about $10 when I added road side assistance but that’s the only time I can remember it going up.

Whatever Im just going to pay it anyway

Maybe they’ll get me on the next renewal.

Mine jumped $10 for my renewal. Not a big deal for me, rates are still good. Seems its a normal cycle, some times it drops and other times it goes up a bit.

My rate stayed the same too Spence.