does anyone race r/c cars?

1.) Start Engine and get to operating temperature(target 230-240 degrees)
2.)Make Several WOT passes and temp, adjust HSN accordingly.
3.)Once HSN is set, do a pinch test on the fuel line to the carb. Do a couple WOT passes and pinch the fuel line. If it takes more than 3 seconds for the engine to stop the LSN is to rich. If it shuts off 1-2 seconds its to lean.

I used to have a old school Traxxas Nitro Stampeed truck, I broke about every part on it, then I ended up getting a nitro 4tec I believe it was called… I forget who I sold it to… but those fucking things were a pain in the ass, my one way bearing in the starter broke like a mother fucker. The older engines never really ran right, it was either WOT or nothing, wouldnt idle for shit. I guess they started building them better.

def. better now than 5-7 years ago. my 3.3 cc engine puts out almost 2 hp at 32,000 RPMS

i used to race but gave up rc’ing to work on my 88 camaro. i still have a 2.5 t maxx ,a rustler, stampede and a clodbuster and a shit load of parts that i keep selling when i need money for car parts. i used to race at rc avenue in latrobe and won the king of the hill in somerset twice i raced y city hobbies in ohio ,a few times at steel cities old track and smithton hole last year but it got to be too much for me to keep up with being an over the road truck driver. i will probbly race a little this winter.

i have an old kyosho ZR1 nitro powered car. the engine is siezed tho. if i had some extra cash, i’d like to get it goin. its outdated, but itd be fun

those old cars from kyosho were sick back in the day. if you get it running, it can still hang, trust me.