Does it have VLSD????

I recently bought a 1996 240sx LE, it has leather, sunroof, and all power options available. However, I was wondering if it has VLSD? I havent checked the car to see if it has ABS because I know that was what came in the package (VLSD & ABS). The car is in the shop getting an SR swapped into it and it would be nice to know if it has the limited slip or not? Thanks in advance :/:

look on the side of the diff housing. (drivers side)

search man. it’s been brought up

You’ll know as soon as you start driving it.

dont all S14’s have vlsd’s ?

^ I think most s14s from the states don’t have vlsd. Look for the tag on the diff

you jack it up and not have ebrake on and try spinning one rear wheel. if other wheel spins with it afterwards then u have vlsd. u can also check ur vin. decode it and it will tell u wat package ur car has stock.

Spin it up and dump the clutch…you’ll know pretty quickly.

the answer to your question

Spin it up and dump the clutch…you’ll know pretty quickly.
. p.s its fun too

All you need to know :

http://garage.projectraine.com/content_guides/240_vinmid/vinmid01.html

hmm do s14 vlsd’s have the sticker on the side of the casing like the s13

these cars are old… stickers peel off

fair enough its just weird. the guide states that i have a vlsd, but there is no sticker and i have yet to drive it as the motor is not wired.
when i bought it the previous owner was adement that it did not have a vlsd
hmmm now i have to take the cover off i guess
anyway
cool link
thx for posting

just do a burn out, 2 black strips =vlsd 1= one wheel peel

thanks genius !!!

Do what Lucidsnow said… jack up your rear, handbrake down. turn one wheel.

If the other turns as well u have it.

Nice, good link.

My 14th digit in my MIN is an E which is not mentioned in that guide, though – there’s A, B, C, D, F, G, but no E… I assume it’s just F with fog lamps as well since that’s exactly what I have (well, a previous owner took off the lamps but my model is an LE which comes with fogs and I can see where the fog wires were cut).

this from my experience does not work on vlsd’s as the Viscous fluid needs a certain amount of torque applied to force the engagement of the opposite wheel
just something you cant do by hand.

I bought a vlsd.
Turned one of the shafts and the other turned.
This was with it off the car… worked for me.
I imagine turning the tires is the same.

for sure