Dog Shot while fighting with another dog

THIS.

The difference being your dogs didn’t cause any problems and are about 40 pounds. I love my dog like a child and the same goes for other all other animals, but that being said I have neighbors with ill mannered dogs and if one of them got loose into my yard while mine was tied up and attacked him I would shoot it without a second thought. So I guess a good way to flip the question is say a 90 pound pit or GSD attacked your wife and was causing her bodily harm you wouldn’t do whatever is in your power to stop it? You and other people may draw a distinction between the 2 scenarios but a lot of people do not. It’s still sad the pit was put down, but given the circumstances I understand the guys reaction.

So, you’re telling me that you would waste time going to get your gun before diving into the situation? I’ve never had a problem dominating ANY domesticated dog, so I guess I feel a little different about it than some others.

I’ve been on both sides of this scenario, no speculation or internet-bad-ass toughguy “I would have killed it and pissed in the owners mailbox” attitude being applied.

Exactly! I’m glad someone sees where I’m going with this.

I never said I wouldn’t Ninja Gaiden the shit out of the dog. But then again, why is your dog losing!?!?!??! :rofl

I’m with you honestly, but the only flaw I see in where you’re coming from is this; you’re a big guy. No offense meant at all, but I can see you being able to get a dog under control a lot easier than myself just due to that. Who knows. I don’t like the idea of killing a dog though.

Pjb time.

I had a dream lastnight that me and my girlfriend were walking in the woods and a dog attacked us. I wrestled with it so she could run away. Then I woke up.

/pjb if he had a girlfriend.

:rofl

It was a wolf, not a dog. Not sure why I said dog. Even though wolves are dogs.

Feelin so jellies today. My my.

I keep a loaded 12 gauge and a loaded mag and rifle within easy reach as a matter of home security so yes the 15 seconds to grab it wouldn’t be an issue for me. Let say you didn’t have a weapon within imediate access (ie locked in a safe) then your theory holds. Like cap crew stated your a good sized dude, I’m about 160 so it’s a little different. Also your not pulling a distinction between your animal or the ones you love and the agressor. Not to sound like a dick, but I hold those I care about in a higher regard then some dog attacking them.

Sorry NYS doesn’t allow me to have a pet wolf

My dachshund will beat the shit out of anyones dog ITT.

Understood. But I still wouldn’t use lethal force unless it was absolutely necessary. Do you trust your aim that well to fire it at a moving target that has your loved one in its grip? I can hit a clay target all day, but I wouldn’t shoot an apple off of my nephews head.

:skid

At that kind of range with one of my ARs yes.

Why should I use prejudice when refuting someones post? I know who you are, that doesn’t change my opinion. I obviously don’t have a problem with you, I just feel strongly about the situation (as do you).

I don’t believe there is one right answer here. These heat of the moment situations require quick thinking and the guy did what he thought was right. I don’t agree with it, but oh well. I’ve had over 20 dogs in my life, it’s really hard to see another persons point of view when you respect dogs as much as I do.

Ok, would you shoot it again to make sure it was dead? :cone

No balls buddy? Bold statement. I’ve already ended the life of a few dogs up here before. Let me tell you it’s difficult enough having to put a bullet into your own dog who’s been struck by a car and has it entrails/organs spread across 30 feet of tar and gravel. Ask me how I know. You can bet your fucking life on it that if a dog came onto my property in an aggressive manner and did not leave on command with either my family or pets outside that that dog would fine it quite unpleasant with a couple rounds in it.

Don’t presume to tell others what they would or would not do in a given situation.

And telling people they should get in between two dogs fighting it out is the worst information ever. You would NEVER catch me getting in between two 150lb dogs going at it. Stupid to put yourself in between them. One of those dogs turns around and latches onto your arm and tears out muscle and tendons/nerves you’r going to rethink what you just did pretty fucking quick. Dogs may or may not know what they are latching onto until the damage has been done.

And BTW, I also have a dachshund, one of the four dogs currently up at my shop now. Biggest whimp of a dog I’ve owned. Retarded when it’s digging up and pushing/chasing rocks in the driveway twice the size of it’s head, pretty fucking smart for a dog, but downright a fucking whimp.

X2

Adam – I meant that in the regard of ending a dogs life in this situation. It’s quite obvious that the attack wasn’t a vicious brawl between 2 sasquatch sized dogs… and why does the dogs weight keep going up in this argument? The average “pitbull” is 50-70lbs, not that it matters… pitbulls are not the strongest, fiercest dogs on the planet by any means. Their bite force is dwarfed by many others, yet people fear them more. I would not hesitate to put myself in between 2 fighting dogs if one of them was mine.

50lb domesticated pitbull becomes Hercules from the fuckin’ Sandlot when it makes your argument better… ROFL.

I’m done here, it’s obvious that everyone here is ready to kill someones beloved family pet for walking on their lawn.

Jdaniels were just saying that u attack our families or pets u will get fuct. Like everyone else has said were not going to risk more life and limb to get between two fighting animals. I wouldnt try to stop a raccoon physically either i’d just shoot the damn thing. I love animals more than most people, if it was another human attacking someone in my yard i wouldnt even hesitate to kill… The animal on the other hand IS actually harder to shoot…it doesnt know any better.

I have 2 of them, the one in question doesn’t like rocks. The other one does. My bad-ass dachshund grew up with a bunch of ghetto blackistani people and he was beat/mistreated/malnourished – he’s a total dickhead in some situations. He dominates every dog in my house and I’ve tried to break him of it, but it’s just so ingrained in his little ass head that he needs to fight to survive.

The other dachshund will fling dirt and chase it before it hits the ground. She often carries rocks around and brings them inside, she’s older than the sticks though and now wears a diaper. :rofl