Legal Options for shooting loose dog?

I live ina small borough, and my next door neighbor has a notoriously mean PitBull that is chained in his yard… I never see the dog not outside. Well, today is the 2nd time its come after me and attempted to bite me and chased me thru my yard. The first time I called the cops, they camea nd saw the dog, now today i called them again and filed a written complaint… I’m worried about my dog or puppy getting bit, or possibly my 10 or 12 year old cousins taht visit me about once a week.

Now that I’ve filed the complaint, does anyone know my legal options in defending myself if the dog is trying to attack me? Do I have the legal option to shoot it to defend myself now that I have already filed a complaint so there is a legal record of the problems I’ve had with the dog?

Thanks

no you can’t shoot it unless you fear for your life, which will be pretty hard to do with a chained up dog. Now it the thing was roaming free and it chased after you or got a hold of you , its fair game.

id say the dog was loose. i dont know if you can shoot it but one way to find out. im guessing you dont have a good relationship with the neighbors already try talkin to them or tell them that you will call the dog catcher the next time that you see him free

if the dog is on a chain, and it has too much slack and comes over a property line with no fences, doen’t mean its “free”.

It means the owner has to relocate where the dog is tied or shorten the run. Deffinatly not a legal right to shoot.

I agree if the bridges arn’t burned try talking to him.

now if the dog does ever get off the chain, blast the fuck out of it. pitbull will rip you up.

Why shoot it? Put some antifreeze in its bowl!!! :ugh:

I don’t think that killing the dog is the answer. Maybe it is just me but I think the owner is at fault and would be hurt much more if he gets fined rather than loose a dog he leaves outside at all times.

found your problem solver
http://www.mitchellsales.com/rifles/blackarrow/mitchellsales04.jpg
it shoots through schools

:naughty: and is that a 50cal rifle? :eek4dance

yesser

and its only $6500, small price to pay to be able to stop a school bus at 500yds with one shot

:rofl: may i ask why you’d want to stop a school bus from 500yds with one shot?

just think what that thing would do to that dog from 10 feet too:doh: :eek2:

I have my reasons, and I bet you can make some good doggy stew

Yeah, I’d never shoot one that was still on the chain :doh: It is defenately a loose dog that runs thru the yard… This is the 4th time overall that its been loose in my yard, and today was the 2nd time I called the cops… The first two times I asked the owner to keep an eye on it b/c it was getting loose (he even came over the one day and took it out of my yard b/c it was jumping on my door tryin to get to my dogs)… Then the 3rd time I called the cops and the damn dog went after the cop car, like tryin to jump in the window… I told the cop no charges, but to talk to the neighbor and tell him next time im pressing them… Then today was the 4th time, so I told the cop that I want to press charges… There are alot of little kids on my street, I mean, i dont want the dog to come after me, but at least i can run and defend myself, what if it goes after a little kid?

Damn you buying 3 of them…you can Get barret 50cals for 2grand
or the Armalite ones for like 2100

just buy some mace and spray it. it will stop

if you go anti-freeze make sure its not Sierra :rofl:

seriously, just roll up on that motherfucker and blast his ass. I hate pit bulls, they are useless dogs.

that is such a generalization and stereotype… our friend Monica had a pit bull that was the most lovable dog you’ve ever seen… the worst he would do was try to lick your face off! Granted they aren’t all like that, just like my german shephard probably wouldn’t hurt a fly, but the canadian neighbors don’t know that! They see a 100 pound german shepard and get :scared:

:smiley:

well i grew up in the city, people don’t have pit bulls for a loveable pet. and german shepards aren’t scary dogs unless you are some idiot tryin to run from the police.

My Pitbull rocks. Best dog I’ve ever had.

suck my dick cutty :finger:

my pit > the pirates.