Stay classy Tonawanda v. Dog stomping

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/Police-Teens-stomped-dog-to-death

Meh, put a leash on your little rat dog.

There’s an asshole in my neighborhood who’s little unleashed rat bread charges at us constantly and I have to hold my german shepherd back. One of these days I’m just going to let go of his leash and see what happens. I wouldn’t go so far as stomping him though, that’s pretty shitty.

Sucks but what JayS said.

Jay’s right. Shitty that the kids did that, but I fucking hate those little rat dogs that never shut the hell up. The world would be better off without them.

The other thing is, dog bites are serious, even if it is just a little rat dog. Not only is the risk of infection really high the typical owner who lets their dog go unleashed is the same type of owner who doesn’t keep up on licensing or rabies shots.

Everyone should just buy golden retrievers and labs so that dog bites are forgotten about. My dog is a mix of both and couldn’t hurt a flea. :smiley:

I heard that dogs that size that are bred to be that small cannot give birth without human intervention (C-Section).

In my opinion, useless animal. Darwin trumps rat-dogs.

No, Jay is not right. That’s fucked up even if you don’t like little rat dogs.

It’s perfectly legal for a dog to be off it’s leash on the owner’s property. You can’t say that because it was off its leash it probably wasn’t up on its rabies shots. I’d love to see any data that supports that claim, unless you just made it up???

The story didn’t say it bit them, or tried to bite them. It came barking at them so they killed it and then assaulted the kid that came running out of the house to a dead family member.

These kids are fucked up and what they did is disgusting. Chihuahuas are small, but not so small that it’d be easy to accidentally kill it. I know little rat dogs are annoying (believe me I have one, surprise) so give it a kick and go about your business. Killing it and then punching the kid that came running out of the house is a huge red flag that these kids are fucking disturbed. They need intervention before they start doing shit like abusing girlfriends.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

More nonsense.

So wait…If they are still looking for these 2 kids, how do they know the kids “thought it was going to bite them”? I would have let the dog bite me then sued the owner, or just tossed the dog aside with my foot. No reason to stomp a 10lb dog to death.

For all of the other nerds out there (like me) who don’t mind a little light reading:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/425882/the_link_between_animal_abuse_and_serial.html

If you read it make sure you check out page 2 as well, very interesting.

uhh yeah, anyone that doesn’t find this story disturbing is kind of fucked up.

You can’t have an unleashed, unattended dog in your front yard when that dog is going to bark and charge at people using a public sidewalk. It doesn’t matter if it’s your property or not. You’re only getting the side of the dog owners here and even they admitted the kids thought they were going to be bitten, which means they’re admitting they were not in control of their dog.

You could always have one of those invisible fences that goes right up to the sidewalk.

I’ve seen this before, although I don’t think it applies to this story, unless they have a background in killing animals.

From the majority of chihuahuas I’ve seen, most will lick you to death if anything.

To be fair, that is fucking obnoxious on the rat dog owner’s part. I’m not saying that the chihuahua “should” have been in the front yard off a leash. It shouldn’t have. Little dogs are aggressive and obnoxious. I wouldn’t let mine do that. Hell if mine’s in my back yard (fenced in) and is barking obnoxiously I go out and get him immediately. These dogs suck, for the neighbors especially, if you tolerate bad behavior. But so you cross the street (preferred method) or give it a kick (not good, but better than stomping) if it actually gets within kicking distance of you.

I’m not saying this isn’t messed up. Those kids deserve a crossbow to the chest.

I’m not lying about the Chihuahua C-Section thing though, only larger mature females can give birth naturally, all other cases involve human intervention or else the mother/baby will die. Useless dog.

Maybe you read a second article. The one linked says that the dog killers claim they thought it was going to bite them, which is a lame excuse. Since when are two teenage boys afraid of a chihuahua?

Police say the long-haired chihuahua named Gizmo was on the front lawn of its home when the two teens walked by and thought it was going to bite them. Police say they kicked and stomped the dog, and when the homeowner’s son ran outside, one teen punched him in the stomach. The two teens then ran from the scene.

I stand by my stance that the dog shouldn’t have been off its leash unattended, but that is grossly overshadowed by two kids who stomped a small dog to death that, lets be fucking honest, posed absolutely no real threat to them.

Agree with you 100% Did not say that the dog did bite them. Hence this is desturbing.

I for one absolutely hate these dogs! But if I have no reason to kick or beat the dog, then it should not be done. Now if one of these little shits bit me… Then its getting punted across the lawn. But I will never attack an animal regardless of barking or running towards me till it actually attacks me. Self defense.

Which is one of the major problems people bring up with invisible fences. The people walking don’t know it’s there, so when the dog comes running they react. Not to mention that it’s been proven if the dog wants what ever is on the other side of the invisible barrier bad enough they’ll ignore the shock, so even if you as a walker know it’s there how can you trust it?

Like I said in my first post, I wouldn’t have gone as far as stomping it. But I’m not really to call these kids future serial killers like Fry either. Yeah, they punched the kid who came out of the house. Well, what did the kid do? Did he come out swinging? They punched him once and ran off. They didn’t beat the hell out of him, stomp him etc. Again, we’re getting one side, and an obviously biased side at that. Even hearing that one side there’s enough evidence that makes me wonder how this REALLY went down.

I would love to see any data that shows even a significant minority of chihuahuas need c-sections.