Dog Training/Traniers

Anyone have experience with any good Dog Trainers?

I’ve got a call into Tyler at K9 Connection for some help with my dogs.

Basically my 7mo puppy has some issues (housebreaking, trusting people, guarding, etc) and I need some professional help with her seeing my fiance is starting to do the “I’m so sick of her shit, she’s 1 step from going back to the pound” routine… I’ve raised this pup since she was 8wks old and sick as hell… I’m not letting her go without a serious fight to get her “proper”.

kick out the bitchy girlfriend :gotme:

Ill train your dog if you dont mind the occasional yelling or wack on its ass if it does something stupid.

Personally tho, my family has always raised their own dogs. I think this is why they all were such behaved animals becuase they saw who was training them and who to respect.

I never understood bringing them to another person to train and then that person having no influence in their life again. I feel you need someone to just show you how to do certain things and get it to behave and have you doing the actual commanding.

i go to petsmart on walden. My trainers name is marty. He is the regional head guy for petsmart in our area or something and he has helped my wife and i train my pitbull.

Talk to him about classes and he will set you up. Training dogs propper is not easy at all. good luck

most training ive seen involves the owner training the dog. The trainer just guides the owners. The nice thing about pet smart is you get certified every class you graduate and im now working on my cgc certification.

What does your dog think of this?

he is realy supportive and wishes me the best of luck. Im thinking about getting him cgc certified next.:smiley:

Thats good then. I just know of some places that you drop off the dog and stuff and they do it and I don’t think that is sucessful at all IMO.

I know Marty… and I took his advise when I got Haylie… and it turned out not good… he recommended a food, so we did, and it caused Haylie to get crystals in her Bladder, and made potty training almost impossible for almost 2 months because she had pain in her bladder from the crystals so she wanted to pee all the time.

Since then my Fiance doesn’t trust them at all (I’m kinda leary myself).

I’m not looking for someone to train the dog per say, more to train my fiance and myself how to do it properly with better results than we have currently.

your dogs reaction to certain foods is noones fault. This stuff happens. Just be happy you had other choices.