doing an easy swap...anyone willing to help?

I want to do KA24DE swap on my 1989 240sx. Currently the car has KA24DE engine and its dying fast, so i bought another KA24DE engine with ok kms.

I dont think this swap would be hard 'cause its basically taking out the engine and putting the exact same engine in. Just an engine swap, no tranny no ecu.

Wonderin if anyone wanna help me? I have never done a swap before otherwise i would have done it myself.

Benefits of helping me:
Free beer
Free pizza
Free Cineplex movie ticket for 1 person

and i will help u with any of ur projects in future.
plz let me know.

i m located in millwoods…

Do you have a engine harness, Power steering lines,Maf sensor etc???

you should read up on doing this swap…you are putting in a different engine…and tranny…and ecu…oh ya and your wiring will be different aswell…

your car unless it already has a ka24de(dohc) swapped in has a ka24e(sohc)

its the whole engine…so i m sure it comes with all that, except the ecu and tranny.
so can u help me?
i will really appriciate any help. BTW one of my buddy will also help. He also have some knowledge. so we will work togther and i m sure it wont take too long.
plz let me know

thnx

I haven’t done an engine swap before, but if it’s on a weekend I could be available, I can lend my arms, legs, and cursive words.

PM me some details and I’ll let you know.

Reading is an essential skill. Kent, he says he already has a KA24DE. It might be easier to remove the engine and tranny together. Especially if you’re not using a hoist.

[quote=“1mns13”]

Reading is an essential skill. Kent, he says he already has a KA24DE.[/quote]

your right reading is an essential skill you should pick up a book and try it one day…i was mearly assuming that since his car is an 89, it is most likely a SOHC and he doesnt know the difference…also on 780 i belive it is the same guy asking for help there as well he stated that he got ANOTHER “ka24de” out of ANOTHER 89 240sx… :roll:

Reading is an essential skill. Kent, he says he already has a KA24DE.[/quote]

your right reading is an essential skill you should pick up a book and try it one day…i was mearly assuming that since his car is an 89, it is most likely a SOHC and he doesnt know the difference…also on 780 i belive it is the same guy asking for help there as well he stated that he got ANOTHER “ka24de” out of ANOTHER 89 240sx… :roll:[/quote]
yep its me…its actually a KA24e not a KA24de…
so basically taking out KA24e from my car and putting back newer KA24e.

Do you have tools and a hoist? Where did you get the new engine from?