help!!ka24de into an 89...

im looking to buy an 89 with a ka24de engine. BUT… there is no ka24de harness to go with it. can i hook the ka24de engine up to the original ka24e harness and ECM ??? Thanks for all replies! and any other info that you could pass my way… THANKS!!!

Nope, you will need a KA24DE Harness and ECU.

Weather it is a Manual Harness and ECU or an Automatic they will both do the trick.

i get alot of conflicting reports about what exactly is dif between the 89-90 and 91-93 engines as far as swapping them.

I know harness and ecu, but what else, power steering? what else?

you cant use the powersteering off the E? with a bracket? This seems like the main problem to me…no?

Contact chris_st_john@hotmail.com

He did a DE into an E swap and kepted powersteering.

He didn’t change anything just re-routed the lines.

so basically, if u had a complete engine with exhaust manifold, an intake pipe, and a maf and wiring harness and ecu, u could do it and retain the old power steering? unless im mistaken?

You’d also need a tach from a twin cam… and the exhaust downpipe (manifold to cat)…

Heh heh, you can talk to me as well, I still have P/S with my DE into E swap.

The starter is interchangeable as well. Ummm, as for the p/s pump, you should get a DE one, due to the fact that the spot where the line connects is in the opposite side. We made it work on mine, but I don’t recommend it.

I think if you had an SOHC before and you put in the DOHC, the pull seems incredible. Mine is more so because it is an S14 motor, and has a little more low end grunt.

I love it.

i dont understand why u cant just put the bracket from the existing p/s where it would be on an E? and jsut leave all the lines how they are?

chris’s tach isnt working right now because his HUD is from an 89.

he doesnt have internet at the moment, i’ll get him over here and tend to the questions

i dont understand why u cant just put the bracket from the existing p/s where it would be on an E? and jsut leave all the lines how they are?[/quote]

no, this is what we did. Moved the SOHC ps pump to the driver side along with the resivoir and then we bent and cut the lines to reach the pump. We however had the brackets from the DE pump to use. The pumps are identical, but are a mirror image of each other. We needed to use the SOHC ps pump since the fitting on the high pressure line did not fit on the DE pump because it was from an s14.

As for the tac, the DOHC puts out a different signal then the SOHC tac does not work. All we did was grab the tac from a DOHC s13 and poped it into the guage cluster. Remember to be carefull removing the guage bezel, u need to drop the steering rack.

ok, why cant u leave it on the passenger side?

because there isn’t room nor mounting brackets on the block to do so

ok wow u guys/gals really know these cars!!! thanks alot. this will help big time.

if you have any questions on the swap, message me over MSN.