S13 KA24DE into '90 body

Hi,

Planning to swap in a KA24DE engine into my '90 240sx… and from other posts I’ve read it’s supposed to be fairly complicated… what kind of problems should I watch out for?? This is my first engine swap… so anything minor can be a big deal to me… please let me know!

Thanks!

Oh yeah, sorry:

I got these specific advice from Adam:

• Change Power Steering Lines
  • Chage Wiring Harness (Hopefully intact)
  • Change ECU
  • Change A/C Lines

Now, wrt the above things, why are they important? Just because the DE and the E engines are different? The ECU is understandable, I’m not sure about wiring harness (frankly, don’t know what it is… but will find out shortly), the power steering lines, and the A/C lines… why?? Are they placed in different places??

btw, when people say the engine “bolts right in”, do they only mean the engine mount fits?? Beside the cams for the KA24E and KA24DE engines, how else are they different?? (a quick glance told me nothing… but i’m not a pro)

Thanks a lot!

Hi Phillip,

I can’t find your post… either that, or the requirements were too high-level for me… I guess some things i just need to find out when i actually do the work…

but physically speaking (in terms of installing a KA24DE into a KA24E body), how different is everything located?? i kinda thought they seemed to be at the same places for both DE and E engines, but then I keep on running into posts like needing new parts, needing new lines? Is there a specific DIY for DE into E-body somewhere that I’m just not finding??

Thanks again!

Great info Philip! Thanks a lot!

How about making this a Tech FAQ item? Just a thought.