domestics and turdbo

thanx for the offer for help sinister…that’s what the guy at phamspeed told me…5 psi without the intercooler…dunno…i will defenitly do more research before i make the purchase…

i wanna get everything at once to not delay the car running right…where did u get ur car tuned sinister?

Bottom line, the STS kit does work good, with little lag… at low boost levels on stock displacement motors. Once you try and step into the big boost or big cubes arena heat becomes an issue and an IC is necessary. W/ an IC added to all the plumbing lag does become a serious issue. They’ll still make big boost and big power… just w/ more lag and less efficiency (ie less power for a given boost level) than a standard turbo setup.

They’re great for somebody who doesn’t want to spend over $5k and only wants 450-500rwhp while leaving the motor mostly stock. They are not for the big hp junkies though. In the end you’ll spend just as much $ trying to support big boost w/ an STS as w/ a standard kit but you’ll get less performance w/ the STS.

-TJ

When you say no fuel system upgrades what do you mean? No fuel system upgrades whatsoever or do you just mean stock pump, lines and rails but bigger injectors? The stock pump/lines/rails has proven very safe up to 500rwhp w/ bigger injectors. My buddy does 510rwhp/630rwtq on a 100 wet shot (all fuel for both the injectors and the wet kit supplied by the single tank/pump/lines) with a stock pump. So I agree w/ 5psi and no IC you’ll below these power levels and safe w/ the stock stuff. A pump upgrade would be nice peice of mind though.

-TJ

and turning 1/4 times the same as you could with a upgraded heads an cam…

h/p=poop