don't buy gas at the seneca hawk in irving.

Hey guys.

Just wanted to share a quick story about the gas I got at the seneca hawk in irving on rt 5 and 20.

The day after the storm i cruised out there and ended up getting gas because it was only 2.17 a gallon.

Filled up my 25 gallon tank in the f150.

I got a ton of water in the tank, it ended up fouling spark plugs and everything.

I finally got it cleaned up, it took a few bottles of fuel dry, half a tank of sunoco 93, 8 new platnium spark plugs, and a new fuel filter to fix it.

I’m totally done going to these kind of places.

I bet some of the other stations in the area have good gas, but just avoid the seneca hawk.

Do you know for sure that there was water in the tank? That sucks…

That sucks I just got gas last night @ herons landing for 2.11/gallon and its been going strong since, and I drove alot last night

Yep absolutely. Seen it in the filter, and all my plugs were water fouled.

Isnt gas (even on the res.) certified by the state? You might have a different problem.

yep sure is, i never have problem with res gas, might of gotten a bad batch

I had gotten gas on the rez by my house a few times. I notices a major difference in the performance level of my car and my gas mileage dropped. Normally if I put in $10 in gas, I can get to GCC and back and have like a gallon left over, I got rez gas and ran out like 5 miles from my house. Thought maybe it was a fluke, got it again another time, and ran out again, thank god I had some “emergency fuel” in my car at the time. I also lose a lot of torque on rez gas, it feels like I’m riding the brake when I hit the gas and there is a lot of hesitation. Also, my rpm’s at idle are all weird. instead of a steady 500 rpm idle, it wavers from 350-600 and runs really shitty. Dunno why or what they put in it but I won’t get it there anymore. Had to put in a bunch of dry gas and shit to get the car running half way decent again.

I just don’t get it there ever… just to be safe… i can afford the extra couple cents right around town then driving to the res.

Justin, next time go to wolfs run (I believe right down the 438 on the left)… always have good gas and it’s usually a little cheeper

alotta stations got water in there tanks during and after the storm. I pulled a tank last friday morning that had 10 gals of water or more in it and that person filled up at the gulf station on kenmore and military. what happened most likely is that their fill caps for the inground tanks did not seal tight and with all the standing water you do the math. but on another note we have plenty of good gas with no water on hinman and military at the citgo gas station :wink:

The gas might be certified when its in the truck, but whats the condition of thier tanks, do they replace the water trap filters… there is no QC once it in thier tanks. I don’t buy that shit because for the 20 cent difference, those fuckers make out like rat bastards all because 400 years ago we took thier land. Well does puerto rico get money from spain, does canada get money from france, what about all of the british colonies. Nope, so why the fuck do we allow these people to get rich off of selling whitey their shit gas, that is 2 dollars a gallon cheaper, but they cut us a whole 20 cents. Fuck that.

while I somewhat agree… I also disagree with ya there. Granted, if our ancistors never came here, someone else would have (eventually). On that same note though, I’d be pissed if I had land, that was rightfully mine, taken from me (not to mention being integrated into a society that you didnt ask to be).

WOW, you have some issues pal. Listen to yourself.

Platinum plugs :lol:

exactly what i was thinking

Yea i used to live 5 minutes from the res, and didnt even get gas there. I have heard too many bad storys. But now i live in cleveland and get to pay 2.27 for 93 At BP. They have pretty good gas. About 2 weeks ago 87 was as low as 1.97.

i can tell you, the gas you get at the res is no different than the gas at most other big name gas stations…most of it all comes from the same refinery. Most of the the res stations all get it from the same source as well. You would be surprised. The problem, is some of these stations (especially the ones in sanborn) opt to dump a ton of additives into it lowering there cost just a bit more…because they have to buy a little less gas, to make room for the additives which are cheaper than fuel…this is 99.9% of the reason people complain of “bad gas”. The mixture is off…too much of one thing, not enough of another etc.
Just a little inside info…
In your case though, with the water, i would agree its probobly storm/flood related.

I think some of you people are crazy. I play poker alot down in irving and almost everytime i go back I reset my MPG to see how good of gas mileage that I get, I never see any major difference between rez gas or commercial gas.

Meh, I ran my S2000 on it with no problems. If it can handle a 9k RPM 11:1 compression engine, it should be fine for most anything. I used the station in Salamanca off of 86 with the Burger King in it. :tup:

lol… i agree with the tank inspection portion of it. I’m going to look into that, cause I know the gas coming off the truck is fine.