DragnDoor's 1998 Ranger

Not a problem there, don’t need the dealer. EFI Live can edit the VIN and not allow a fail on the readiness tests. I know this for a fact…

OBD2 simulator, not O2. As in this: http://www.immensehardware.com/xtreme-obd-3.html

But on that, you can actually program the VIN through software I guess.

I wouldn’t post this publicly…

good point… edited. :slight_smile:

is that even avail anymore… last I heard they stopped production for obvious reasons.

Yea, I heard that too… the weird thing is, it still says instock…

go turbz…SVO is the “same"motor”. It will haul and its diff like the rest of the truck, V8 is so, well v8 in a ranger. As far as inspection goes, you could still tune the stock ECU for boost and turn most monitors off. Redline can do it… though he may not be interested in it till he saw the truck, you could get and easy 300HP with a SVO (turbo 4) similiar setup no problem and sound BAD ASS doing it. Any tuner that can tune OBD2 mustangs can tune your truck.

good call a svo motor would be sick! turbo 4cyl making the same power as the big motors.

Well it has been a while since i have posted any updates so i guess here it is. The motor is in, motor mounts and trans mounts are done. Had to build a custom crossmember to get the motor in and down low enough to clear control arms/firewall/basically everything ford designed. Built a smooth firewall which will be red and white checker pattern when all is said and done. Got the front clip detachable with some sleeved 1X1 box for access to everything in the engine compartment by only 2 bolts. Sectioned and rebuilt the radiator core support to give room for the motor/radiator. Steering is complete and finished. I will take some pictures tomorrow and upload some of the progress… Last picture to show the truck will at least hardpark with the best of them…

Fucckkk i need to see this! Looks good

The 307 looks like it fits better than the 2.3 did. LOL

This thing is awesome.

looks great. i may have missed it in earlier posts but whats the plans for a hood? big cowl? or something with a hole cut in it?

he has a cowl hood for it but NOWAY will it clear. Might sell it and get a stock hood and just cut a hole for the cleaner to come through.

damn nice truck

Havent updated alot but we are making progress still. Heres some pics of a local show we brought it to and a rendering i messed around with of what it will eventually look like.

whats with the headers or are those just on there for now?

building custom headers for it.

Looks awesome so far! Future mods should include chopping the top :shifty

Turn some block huggers upside down

Cab needs to be chopped for sure

and its that PJB!?