dress shoes and black socks

okay so I started a different job in sales, and I’m on my feet 8 hrs a day in dress shoes and black socks.

They are comfortable, but my feet are hating the black socks, when its hot, they sweat, and its disgusting

Any tips? I’m new to the formal in the work place attire.

take off ur shoes at ur desk lol…if u have that luxury…or really thin black socks

Get Hanes Black Cotton. Some people say that Cotton does not breathe but if I wear Nylon they sweat.

yeah i have fubu dress socks, I believe they are nylon, I suppose I’ll have to switch over to black cotton and give that a try.

I dont have a desk. I’m literally on my feet for 8 hrs, sometimes more.

gold toe socks. the white ones and the black ones are both amazing :tup:

The fact that they are black shouldnt really make a difference if they are in your shoes and out of the light. Maybe buy some better breathing socks.

where can I get these? and do they come in 13 - 16 ?

FUBU? People wear fubu still?

Either way, look for an athletic sock. they always have deals going on at like footlocker and shit, i know they’re not dress socks, but they come in black and they make your feet not sweat. and they’re pretty cheap.

And now that I’ve said/googled/read the word sock so much, it sounds hilarious. SOCKS!

JCPennys should sell them.

Wear sandles.

Cotton socks and breathable shoes. I wore a pair of these for a long time. Comfy as a sneaker but looked like a casual dress shoe. Looked fine with slacks and a polo. Maybe a bit too casual if you’re rocking cuffed pants and a tie type of stuff.

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/8e/11/64/34831561-300x300-0-0_Skechers_Men_s_Citywalk_Oxford_by_Skechers.jpg

It is my experience that Gold Toe socks are a safety hazard if hardwood floors are in play. I bought six pairs because they looked colorfast, stretchy, and comfortable… I threw them out after about two weeks. They have zero friction. In my 32 years on earth, these are the only socks I’ve ever owned that made me feel like a retard. Had to pay close attention to walking after taking my shoes off at home or I’d wipe out. Being unable to keep from falling on my ass after a long day at the office was simultaneously hysterical and infuriating. I never paid attention to socks until the Gold Toes kept trying to murder me.

Haynes black socks are comfy and breathe well, but they lose their elasticity and fade pretty quickly- you’ll be trying to match varying shades of blue/gray socks after a few weeks. I don’t know about you, but I have better things to do with my time.

I have two pairs of black socks that awesome. No idea of the brand. I sort of think they may have come from aliens or a mad scientist’s lab because they’re so great. Comfortable, stretchy, breathe very well, and still look like new despite having been worn and washed once a week since at least 2004. Best socks ever.

Also have a bunch of CK socks that I’m fairly happy with. Stretchy, comfy, breathe well, and have proven to be pretty colorfast over time.

LOL at the color black being a factor in comfort.

http://fireswamp.net/~stan//tarp-30198.jpg

I am wearing these ATM…

Ha. Comfy aren’t they? :highfive:

i need to get those

There are two ways I’ve used to handle this situation, however each has their drawbacks.

1.) black cotton socks… I wear dress shoes all day every day and this is what keeps my feet dry and odor free. The only downside to this is when they age, they get less black and look kind of dumb after a while. So to remedy this situation, you can go on to step two.

2.) you can use either white or black cotton socks and put your nice nylon dress socks over them. It keeps your feet from sweating since the nylon isn’t directly on you feet which allows them to breathe. So now you look nice and your feet don’t sweat, the only thing that sucks is you have to wear two pair of socks.

I always do option 1 since I’m too lazy to put on two pair of socks in the morning, unless it’s a special occasion. I’ve told a few people about the second option and they love it.

i would recommend merino wool dress socks

yes… even in the summer

gold toe

/thread