Drew's 2009 JCW

Here’s my ongoing daily driver project. I don’t know if I would consider this a “build” yet but this seemed like the best place to put it. Mods will get more serious after this winter but I thought I’d share for now. I know MINIs are a “love it or hate it” type car for the most part, but let me know what you all think!

Car: 2009 John Cooper Works MINI. 22,500 miles.

For those of you who don’t know what a John Cooper Works (JCW) MINI is, it’s basically just a limited production MINI S with a bigger turbo, Brembo brakes, BBS wheels, a better clutch, stiffer suspension, and an optional aero kit. It’s also only offered with a 6 speed transmission. MINI has only been producing these since 2009 from the factory. You can still get JCW parts put on an S from the dealer but the power levels won’t be the same. There are only about 1,200 factory JCW MINI’s in the country right now.

It’s not the fastest car in the world (0-60 in ~6 seconds and ~150 mph top speed) but the handling is fantastic and everything you do in this car is a blast.

Spring time/2012 mods:
Accessport
Turboback exhaust

Current Mod List: (updated 11/7/11)

• JCW aero kit
  • ST Coilovers
  • Forge FMIC
  • ALTA 22mm rear sway bar
  • ALTA hotside boost tube
  • BSH oil catch can
  • BSH dual boost tap/block off plug
  • Tinted tail lights & windows
  • Rear wiper delete
  • Rear seat delete
  • All light surrounds and grill surrounds painted body color
  • Cooper gas cap
  • Shortie antenna
  • ALTA intake
  • Open hood scoop
  • M7 J-Brace (front strut brace)
  • M7 JCW carbon fiber front splitter
  • Gloss black painted valances and wheel arches
  • Custom painted headlight housings with angel eyes
  • Chrome/Amber turn signal bulbs

Current horsepower guesstimate: 210whp/210wtq
Car weighs about 2,600 pounds.

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18921&d=1314635507

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18922&d=1314635522

Ordered the coilovers and a 22mm rear sway bar (30% fatter than stock) yesterday I’m guessing I’ll actually have time to install everything on the 17th.

andrew, its me evan, glad to see you joined! i love your mini cooper yours makes me want one, oh and btw TWIN SCROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :bigtup:

Solid. I’m an R53 guy myself, but I’m jelous of your key.

Haha, sometimes I would much rather have an R53, trust me. I almost bought a GP before I bought this.

Thanks Evan!

A GP would have been awesome since you took the rear seats out anyway.

Key fob. I have a love/hate relationship with this thing.

Crappy old video of the stock exhaust. I need a new camera.

Booty.

Couple more.

Throw the pics up from bliss, ny those are sweet ones!

Love it… mini coopers are so much fun

So you’re a hot chick?

get alot of shit for not having a front plate?

do you work @ 50 cobham drive?

Super hot.

Never. I keep it my car just in case though.

coming soon…

Car looks good. I occasionally miss my MCS.

That’s one of the better looking Minis that I have seen…nice job. I bet it’s a blast.

Not a huge fan of these…but this one is sharp looking. Go kart for the street im sure

You have one of the first Mini Coopers that I like. How much does a JCW car like this run for used. Low 20’s?

Thanks!

Mid to high 20’s depending on mileage and options. Mine was $35k new and I bought it used, stock, with 12k on it for about $27k.