Drew's 2009 JCW

Thanks!

Mid to high 20’s depending on mileage and options. Mine was $35k new and I bought it used, stock, with 12k on it for about $27k.

19 or 22mm rear sway bar? What setting are you going to run it on?

Edit: Nevermind I saw your previous post.

Yeah, 22mm. I’ll probably start on the middle setting until I know how bad/good the oversteer is with it.

More pictures to follow when I get everything dialed in…

Never updated with the new stance.

I’ll be installing a Forge FMIC and a new boost tube this weekend. The one I have now never really fit right.

The car was pretty dirty after about 7 runs on the track:

Hottest mini cooper ever?

Saw you fb update looking sweet dude!

This weekend was pretty good to the car. New FMIC, new boost tube, & new spark plugs. For winter I also raised the suspension, took the splitter off the front, and put the winter wheels on (Enkei Performance Imola 17x7.5 with Pirreli SottoZero II tires). Early, I know, but I’m thinking about trading my BBS’s for some OZ’s plus cash. Today also happens to be exactly one year since I bought this car, best decision I’ve ever made.

The good news is, I can finally get my car aligned!

Stock FMIC vs Forge:

Wintermode:

Thats sweet Drew!

“Raised the suspension”. It’s still probably lower than mine, haha.

Haha. It is, but it’s still higher than it was with the springs and the car destroyed the snow last year.

Just curious, I was looking at the picture that shows your rear suspension and it got me thinking. What is the design of the IRS on these cars? It looks similar to semi-trailing arms, but with that pivoting second link it doesn’t really look like it…

Multi-link? 2 control arms (each side) & rear sway bar all mounting to the rear trailing arm. The sway bar is attached to each shock with an end link.

Is that what you’re looking for? It’s tough to explain via text.

Its a variation of trailing arm…not multi-link (in my mind). Nissan is big on using Multi-link 89+, and its NOTHING like that. How is camber affected from lowering?

Car looks good though, best looking Mini I’ve ever seen. lol

I’m not sure but even MINI’s website calls the rear suspension multi-link. lol. The camber wasn’t too bad when I was dropped really low, but it seems like it automatically adjusts itself depending on how low I go (not sure if other cars are the same way). The lower I go, the more camber there is. Honestly I’m a total noob when it comes to suspension.

Love the car man. Also havent seen you in quite some time (two years or so? lol). We need to meet up soon.

pretty sharp little thing

Thanks man! It’s definitely been a while haha, let’s get together sometime. I want to see that crx! Let me know when you’re up for it.

Yeah, thats the problem with most suspensions, and that supports the theory that its not proper multi-link. Multi-link has minimal camber change through-out suspension travel, including when lowering…to an extent.

Shoot me a text sometime. I’m usually off Monday’s and Fridays. 697-2049