drift school???

hey, so ive been trying to look for drift school in ontario, but am having no luck, any suggestions, or knows a place to practise? im new to the drifting scene

track days (y)

^ exactly what most other people do, or they know of their own good spots to go to.

Kennedy Commons on Wednesday nights!

Awesome spot.

But seriously, I don’t think anyone has put one on in a while.

S1DC boys should look into doing one.
You’ll need SOME competition in the future!

Sure I’ll probably be flamed for this.

But if it’s your very first time, find a wide open isolated parking lot at night.

It’s and easy and cheap way to figure out when/where/how/why your car breaks traction and how to control said loss of traction.

Just be smart at about the location, time and length of session.

Are you familiar with performance driving? Ie racing line, heel toe shifting. If not, learn those things then get yourself out to Toronto motorsports park for open car lapping, its only $60 for an evening session. This will help you to get to know the handling characteristics of your car. After you get some track experience, watch Drift Bible on YouTube to get familiar with drifting techniques such as hand brake, powerover, shift lock, braking and feint. Once you understand these, come out to a DriftOps event and let er rip!!

Btw you will learn more on the track in one day than if you spent the entire summer effin around in parking lots.

thank u for replies, my car is still in garage being worked on, but iv messed around in my truck during winter alot so i hav a good idea, n hav watch a lil bit of drift bible so

<3 drift bible

+1!
Have it saved to my computer, and to my portable hard drive! Now if only i could afford to get an SR and some tires so i can start practicing!

cops raided KC 2 weeks ago… :S
my buddy said cops are always there now at 7-7:30ish pm

LOL ^ was the joke…

also forza 3. best drift school. and ridge racer. … seriously…

lol
track days.

^ <3 Forza 3, such an awesome game

Coolkids and Driftops, Round 2
http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?223011-DriftOps-Part-2-Aug-7th!&p=3252696#post3252696

best place to learn, ask for pointers

the 10th was my first track day, and I can safely say I learned more on my first lap then I did in parking lots. track days = amazing learning experience.

who was that guy instructing you? I recognized him…

:wink:

i dunno but he raped a couple laps. he taught me how to do burnouts around corners like all the cool slide guys do.

I learned on snow and ice… circa 2000’

Hand breakin is the easiest and once you do i want you to pow ova

^LOLLLL <3

Hahahaha didn’t know bow wow was on son