Drifting School

Dan, I think you need to get out to one of Peter’s Drift days to see what actually happens there.

I’m not saying I’m above any Pro from not taking a course but when it comes to drifting, it’s something you just develop since there is no real standard. I look at it as a style of driving, you can’t really teach that. Maybe to a certain degree but not all of it. I guess you really have to be a drifter to understand it.

I wonder if the top 10 DMCC Pro Drivers have ever received Professional Training? Imo, drifting is like playing street basketball. You don’t take classes to learn that type of stuff like AND1, you learn it by yourself and develop a style you’re comfortable with.

Come to a drift event and you’ll see who attends them and what skill level they have attained. Much better than training in a parking lot (from what Jason has told me in an email.)

I can list at least 5 people who have started out with NO track experience and just have attended track days and within the summer have gotten to an extremely applaudible level.

I’m also not shooting his idea down, but I’m giving him positive critisism so he knows what to plan for since I and many others have discussed this sort of program before. It is VERY hard to attract customers when there are no near by tracks to practice on and PAYING to training in a parking lot is not what many 240 owners would do.

Look at ALL of Ontario’s PRO drifters. Has any one of them received any special drifting training or courses that have brought them there? I don’t think so.

With that said, parking lot drifting then going to the track is what most people do and has shown successful in many cases. Why would people turn away from this and pay someone to learn it? You have to give good enough reason and show the steps in the program like Vlad mentioned. It’s a good idea but to present an idea to the public with empty content is not going to attract many customers.

Knowing SON240, no one is going to pay someone to teach them how to drift in an parking lot when they can do it themselves. This is SON240, not G35driver or my350 forum.