Drifting taking that next step to mainstream acceptance?

I was watching Australian V8 touring car races last night, and I caught a new (?) commercial from BF Goodrich featuring drifting. They showed a clip of Sam Hubinette drifting his Viper and ended it with a caption, "It’s not the tires… it’s the asphalt screaming. " or something to that effect. Anyone else catch this commercial?

Didn’t see the commercial, but I do think drifting is getting more main stream. In the last couple weeks I’ve had two people that know nothing about cars and less about racing ask me about drifting.

A movie will do that for ya. Oh well, another performance art type of thing. Like cheerleading, fun to watch. Not a sport.

Clever ad though, “It’s the asphalt screaming.” Heh.

I really don’t hope it catches on any bigger. The tandom stuff is kinda interesting sometimes but i prefer to see drifting on a rally stage or ice race.

i seen that but add but not yesturday, it was a few weeks ago

I seen this commercial the other day while watching pinks. Seems like they might be trying to push drifting a lil more

Why wouldn’t they lol. You drift, burn through your tires quickly and have to buy new tires…

Haha, if i sold tires, you bet your ass i’d promote drifting…

oh, and:

^^ haha

:lol:

I would bet that more americans know what drifting is than touring car racing

fo sho

Sad truth.org.

it is either i saw or i have seen.

“yesterday i saw a cat!”
“I’ve seen a cat around here a few times!”

and drifting is kewl!

yea of course tire companys are going to promote any motorsport that u can waste tires in

Seizure Awareness Week

Still waiting for the fad to die out… :gotme:

this month’s video that we loop at best buy has a thing on drifting on it. it’s a bunch of wide screen HD footage of drift cars.

I was drinking pop when I seen that

Does it have any Michael McDonald? Like yah mo be there?

like the Cumhos that produced colored / scented smoke?

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/3060000000052831.JPG?0.740187958237117

“Duuuude, everytime I lite em up @ Mighty, the burning rubber matches my red neons / valve cover / panties… and it smells like lavender!” :bloated: