Drilling Contract Jobs

I was at the poker tables in Seneca last night and in the conversation, one of the guys who was going to go up to Vancouver to be part of a drilling contract for an oil company.

I guess he works for about 8-12 months up there. Stays up there. They pay him like 25/hour for the first three months and then like 35/hour for the remaining ones + 40,000 signing bonus.

Anyone hear about these things? Sounds like one hell of a way to get out of debt and get on your feet after you get out of school. Only real downside I saw was he is located in the middle of fucking no where and you seem to work your ass off.

JEG?

[quote=“boxxa”"]

Sounds like one hell of a way to get out of debt and get on your feet after you get out of school.

[/quote]

An even better way to do that is to begin your career. :tup:

Yeah it’s going to be really shitty work in a very remote place, but if you have nothing going for you it’s probably a decent way to make a buck.

wait 3 days, TLC will have show on about it.

i had an offer from york seaway, in lake city pa, they had contracts for 2,000+ miles of border fencing, no sign on bonus, but they payd up the ass.

[quote=“4x4jimmy,post:5,topic:34689"”]

no sign on bonus, but they payd up the ass.

[/quote]

i refuse to take payments up the ass, i greatly prefer them “into the hand” style

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:6,topic:34689"”]

i refuse to take payments up the ass, i greatly prefer them “into the hand” style

[/quote]

ha ha. <— sarcasm.

ill take money ALMOST any way i can get it.
hows the 240 nick?

[quote=“BikerFry,post:3,topic:34689"”]

An even better way to do that is to begin your career. :tup:

Yeah it’s going to be really shitty work in a very remote place, but if you have nothing going for you it’s probably a decent way to make a buck.

[/quote]

How many college graduates around here make 25 bucks an hour plus a 40 grand signing bonus right out of college?

Not too many.

How many are absolutely buried with student debt? Most…

[quote=“SVT3945,post:4,topic:34689"”]

wait 3 days, TLC will have show on about it.

[/quote]

its already on jerry.

you guys need to start posting up some contact numbers I could use some cash!

i guess nobody wants to work with their hands anymore.

i’d do it in a minute if i didn’t have a college degree. why not?

work smarter not harder.

essentially

but seriously, how many people do that good even on here

[quote=“JustinH,post:8,topic:34689"”]

How many college graduates around here make 25 bucks an hour plus a 40 grand signing bonus right out of college?

Not too many.

How many are absolutely buried with student debt? Most…

[/quote]

Yeah, but when you go to apply for an entry level position and they ask you about the 3 year gap in between college and now, they’re going to look for someone fresh out of school not the guy who’s been forgetting everything he learned doing manual labor on an oil field.

$25/hour isn’t uncommon at all if you have a decent major. That 40 grand signing bonus will be paid back many times over by good career choices.

But like I said if you’ve got nothing going for you, like if you took a fluff major and now have nothing but student loans, a degree in communication, and an alcohol problem to show for the last 4 years then yeah, working an oil field in the Canadian tundra might not be a bad choice.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:16,topic:34689"”]

Yeah, but when you go to apply for an entry level position and they ask you about the 3 year gap in between college and now, they’re going to look for someone fresh out of school not the guy who’s been forgetting everything he learned doing manual labor on an oil field.

$25/hour isn’t uncommon at all if you have a decent major. That 40 grand signing bonus will be paid back many times over by good career choices.

But like I said if you’ve got nothing going for you, like if you took a fluff major and now have nothing but student loans, a degree in communication, and an alcohol problem to show for the last 4 years then yeah, working an oil field in the Canadian tundra might not be a bad choice.

[/quote]

your just jealous.

no way they give you 40 grand anything unless there is a serious comittment involved = several years

[quote=“BikerFry,post:16,topic:34689"”]

if you took a fluff major and now have nothing but student loans, a degree in communication, .

[/quote]

Haha they really do go hand in hand.

lol fluffing and communication degrees?