Driveways...

I’m redoing my driveway, currently it’s maybe… well, I’ll call it a dirt driveway.
has a tiny bit of gravel mixed in, but not enough to matter.
potholy as sin.

Anyone have people that they’ve used previously?
It’s going to be all stone, if that matters.
Size is ~100’x12’
With a smaller 24’x36’ pad next to it in the shape of a L

|…|
|…|
|…|____
|…|…|
||_|

Kinda like that.

I’d do it myself, but I’m not exactly sure how on earth to get rid of all the topsoil/fill I’d be removing.
Not like I can rent a skidsteer to load a dump truck (which I also don’t own)
need something a touch bigger.

44cy for the drive, 32cy for the pad… assuming the hard clay starts to come around at about 1 foot deep.

What is your budget? You are pretty much looking to dig out, and haul away what you have, and put down new 2" Crusher Run? You could probably get away with 7-8" of stone on fabric, or 10" without. I would recommend using the fabric.

I work for a site contractor in Lancaster and the guys all do side work like that. I have a close dumpsite also. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you an estimate.

Budget is whatever it takes.

and more or less, yes that is what I want to do.
But currently it’s more or less a dirt drive.
so it has to be dug down to the hard clay (so I’ve been told), which is somewhere around 12-14" in my area.
Then fill with some #2 stone for 6" or so, then some #4, and so on.

Again, this is just what I’ve been told from friends (not saying they know everything) and found online.
All I know, is that it needs to get done.
and I’m unsure how to proceed.
It currently has low spots that puddle up, and causes about 7 frillion flies to appear in the drive area, which is rather annoying.
Thinking I might search craigs to get as many estimates as I can, but I get bad feelings about 95% of the people on there ;d

You need to come out to get estimates? or can I throw up some pictures?

P.S.
my house isn’t in Lancaster.
It’s in Alabama NY
outside of akron.

i’m also tempted to go around asking the farmers near me if they want some fill :d

when my uncle built his house out that way on lewiston road, he got a bunch of ground up pavement and packed that in for his driveway. might be able to get it pretty cheap, and rent a bobcat for a day

That is a excellent idea. + they might even have the means to transport it and load it for you. a add on craigslist may work too on getting rid of fill.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

how is that holding up? was thinking about doing that instead of making a gravel lot