Driving impression: 92 SHO

Well I finally got the SHO back up and running, with no to a few minor issues. I need new tires. 1st gear just spins past 5K. The motor feels very strong with the new heads, but I can now feel that the stock manifolds are the currest restriction. Time to build some headers. Also, I would love to hook it up to a vacuum gauge, I would bet there is still mild vacuum at WOT. God I wish someone made a proper oversized TB for this car.

It feels solid, especially compared to the Jetta. The clutch, shifter and even gas pedal require more effort than does the VW. You can definately feel teh extra 500 Lbs. Its needs to lose some weight. THere is a bit of sidewall flex in the tires, but virtually no body roll. They PU bushings with larger ASBs and stiffer springs are great. I just wish the steering wasn’t so anemic.

I need some street pads too. The breaks grab hard once hot but cold or even warm it feels as if someone sprayed the rotors down with WD-40. :0

All in all I’m glad to have it back. Just need some headers and some lighter seats and this car is finally done. And where I wanted it to be 8 years ago when I bought it.

Glad to hear you got finally got it up and running Ron :headbang:

8 years? Wow, :tup: to dedication.

lol ron i chuckles at the title.

email shobros you should be able to pick up a set of their headers for about $550

Now all I need to do is fix the coolant leak at the cross over tube to the rear head and I should be all set.

the o-ring on the pipe that comes out of the waterpump?

No, where the other tube attaches to the rear head on the TB side, under the TB.

Your not the only one with a running SHO today. Stupid tires, be more sticky. :slight_smile:

I wanna join this exclusive club. :wink:

Congrats Ron! always nice to get the “SHO on the road” :lol:

Same though it was short lived, I finished the main seal off finally 2 minutes later. :tdown:

damn fuzzy

Is this with the blower…?
and jbweld intake…?

No blower yet, I need it running by the end of the week for ubrf track day.

Glad to hear it’s running good! How’s the ashtray?

awsome Ron. We need to cruse soon.

The ash tray is pimp. Slides right out and down perfect. No complaints on the tray. But my brakes are hissing inside teh cabin. I am afraid I may have a brake booster sporting a small hole. Need to check all my vacuum lines.

Jay, Yes we do man :tup:

Ughh… I’m ready to scrap my SHO, this has not been a good week. I want to boost it, but at the same time… ughhhh. So close to being there, but I’m just sick of the car after 3 years.

ron of all things for me to have laying around i have a spare brake booster, we already discussed this so i’ll leave it at that. but serously you must have been like WTF? who has a spare booster (new) laying around?

devin we need to get that bolt off, come over and grab my starter it is very strong unlike you pussy starter. just drop your shitty one off so if my tranny is in today i can drive it. i won’t be home just come by and pick it up its in my pile of shit infront of my car.

I’m not touching the car until this weekend. The WRX is going with me friday snow tires and all. :slight_smile:

NO NO NO NO NO you lazy fish. come over grab my starter replace that $3 seal and swap my brake pads on and beat the shit out of that! thats a order mrfish