DRIVING...without a clutch...

Just wondering how many of you guys have had to pull this off?

I left work last night, and as i went for 2nd i realized she nuked. so now, at every light or stop…

I have to turn off the car, and put in 1st, then start the car in gear to get rolling, then power shift each gear the rest of the drive…
lol actually pretty funny, caue ive always owned a standard, and so has the wife, but this car has burnt 3 clutchs in 10k miles. lol cant figure it out,

So do tell how many of you has had to gimp your car/truck home with NO clutch?

Uhhhh, stop being a cheap whiney bitch and buy another clutch from advanced.

i have done it a few times… its fun!

No more clutchs, shes sold as of today,

From Monday on Ill be driving the Ranger.

FUN?, Yes,

Interesting?, yes

Difficult in traffic, well. yes again lol

match rpms… dit it with the old celica

maybe its the driver :dunno:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, comon. now. its the machine, not the driver/S. :kekegay:

so youre saying that 7k shifts on a 73 hp car is bad for a clutch?

Never…

scwinn > my Nissan

shoulda bought that Yukon, DAMNm, FUCK, SHIT

drove my truck for a couple months with a piece of mig wire threw the firewall to the carb. I had a skrew driver wraped around it as a handle. Till I finally found the right throttle cable. The day it broke I used my boot lases tied together out the driver window in the back of the hood to the carb just to get off the highway.

gimping home is always fun if you make it!

if a shoe lace will save me from tunring the engine off at the stop ;lights, then Hell im all for it.

Bellevue to Mt. Pleasant with out a clutch.

Damn toll booths screwed up the rythm :rofl:

2 times i have had to do it once from the track to home in the delsol but the worst was in the mazda shit box truck it broke on bates st hill going to work one day … so from pittsburgh to latrobe power shifting

lol, love it

c ive had it worn out where the car just didnt want to go, (constant slipping and all)

and then like this where the spring musta broke again, cause theres nothing, no matter how you push it down, it will not engage/disengage

done that a few times. bringing customers cars to shop. always makes it an adventure. driven cars with no brakes, no forward gears:rofl: drove backwards for couple miles before

Stupid quest but uh…how do you shift without a clutch??
I’ve heard of it but never really knew how to do that…I suck.

Float it into gear, thiers a sweet spot in the rpm range that acts like or is synchros:dunno:. Can do it downshifting also. Very Rough on the drivetrain

never drove without a clutch but did drive without a side motion shifter cable

x2 at the right rpm it will float right in. im sure you do when splitting gears shaggy… even tho they tell you in school not too lol
tractor its easy… just flip the switch and just let off the gas pedal and back down