Droid X

I dunno about everyone else, but I love my HTC Sense UI and HTC EVO.

I got my EVO back on Friday after waiting a week. I lost my first one at Six Flags NJ on a roller coaster. Went all day with it and then on the last ride we went on, it falls out.

The Incredible/EVO have some crazy long wait times depending on where you get them. I got mine from Asurion (Sprints insurance company) in a week. Put the claim in on Monday and had the phone on Friday.

HTC still double posting, eh?:lol I bet I can ‘single post’ from my Iphone!

You have had issues with your droid screen? I have only ONE very minor mark on my screen/entire phone after having it since it came out and never having a case of any sort on it. Granted I try to be careful with it but on the other hand it gets a ton of use and I am a mechanic using my phone throughout the day

IIRC Sam droped his droid on its side and completely destroyed the screen.

Anyways i’ve droped mine face down, on its side, face up, on its end and havent broken my screen

I think calling the motorola phones garbage due to a screen is odd anyways

They crack easy, Google it.

It’s funny because they brag about the gorilla glass or whatever they used, yeah it doesn’t scratch, just shatters.

Got my Droid X this morning… First impressions, its a big phone… slightly bigger than my co-workers evo. It feels pretty nice in the hands and its damn quick, the “moto-blur” like features they added is really nice…

I’ll write something up in a day or two after some heavy use.

my evo will kick your droids ass.

oh, and root that sumbitch.

this message was not-double-posted with my HTC EVO.

LMAO, Is the bootloader on the Evo locked? Unfortunately Motorola decided to lock the boot loader on the X, so custom roms are looking grim at the moment, I will root it eventually but its fine how it sits for now

Also wayne, the only thing your evo has on my X is 4G, which well, you pay 10 extra a month for when you don’t have it.

Go look at some benchmark test evo vs Droid X ha

Anyways, can’t wait for Froyo, will make evo and droid x serious beasts

dude, i’m just ecstatic to be off WM.

there is no comparison really…between the evo, the iphone4g and the old droid VS the droid x…Hardware and soon software wise…the Droid X is better than all of them…I mean of course unless you like a kick stand for your phone :gay anyone go play with a droid x…you will walk away prolly talking about an upgrade in the future. and I dont even have a droid. blackberry FTW. bbm son. bbm.

whats the battery life like on the droid x? i’m routinely seeing 30 - 40 hours out of EVO, moderate use.

Cliffs:

Just picked up the Droid X, it’s soo badass!!! Can’t wait until the new phone comes out.

:rofl

I’ve heard most people are getting a day and a half out of moderate use… I’ll let you know in a week when Im not constantly playing with it seeing all the diff shit thats added and trying to set it up to my liking, the phone hasnt been sitting since I picked it up at 9 this morning.

:rofl:rofl

Nice!

Also, I had swype on my droid but it never seemed to work properly…

Swype on thsi thing thou is pretty cool, gonna take some getting used to but I can already “swype” pretty quick.

How hard is it to drive and text with Swype or even the regular on-screen keyboard?

Posting with swype from my OG droid.

Not too bad. I don’t text nearly as much while driving as I did with my Pre (physical keyboard), but it’s still not too bad with Swype.

You have to look at the screen to swype right? I’m at the point with my physical keyboard that I dont look at it as much when typing.

Yeah that’s what I liked about the Pre. I ALWAYS have to look at this keyboard to type.

One thing with swype though. It SUCKS in Landscape. Some of the keyboard seems to get cutoff (like enter and send). I have version 1.56 I think (the one I sent Wayne), so it’s possible this just wasn’t made for the EVO or there is a newer version somewhere.