Drove the 2011 F-150 EcoBoost before it hits showrooms in Feb/March 2011

curious as to why ford used a v6 instead of a v8, probably cause of that whole green bullshit

There are two available V8s…it’s just another option, and an awesome one at that.

curious as to why ford didnt use a v8 with boost instead of the v6

Well I’m curious as to why they didn’t use a blown and stroked V10.

for one the v10 wa the worst motor made, if engineered right the TTv8 would easily out perform the v6 in every category. It would also be a performance selling point

new age lightning

Well I think they should have made a twin turbo and supercharged 7.5L with nitrous. Everybody needs 1000 HP and 4 MPG out of their daily drivers.

I know man, seriously. What was Ford thinking?

Next time those idiots should use a 700 CID big block with a blower so big you can’t see out of the windshield. Now that would make alot of sense. Using small, efficient, cost effective motors is dumb, everyone knows the Ford F150 should be about maximum performance at all cost.

If Its about MPG then why Not use a dod v8. Both of you being bitches. About this its claimed 24mpg the new dod v8 gets 22in stock form. So its very possible to successfully do a tt v8 and get MPG.

Dude we’re agreeing with you. Ford is totally being bitches. They need to maximize their cubes and shoot for 1000 HP because the standard F150 definitely needs that. God they’re so dumb!

honestly i am not surprised they didn’t try 4 banger. think a delivery truck with 4cyl version of a cummins inline 6. turbo diesel 4cyl in a light duty truck.

just curious to see how a gas turbo truck will hold up. from my stand point seems like will be a headache later down the road. even a TT v8 it is pointless for the general public. don’t need that much power honestly for a daily. plus need to beef up drivetrain to hold it. then the warranty claims that will prob result from it which will cost manufacturer more money.

I’d love a smaller turbo diesel in a half ton truck, or even Ranger/Canyon/Colorado size truck. I know Mahindra is making one and possibly bringing it here, but I don’t know if I’d buy from an Indian company.

maybe because they already had the motor made and just needed to tweak the tune for a truck. Or maybe they did it just so faggots like you would bitch about it on a message board.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

x2

I don’t really like the maintenance schedule of a diesel or the cost of the fuel but the power would be nice.

think that is what keeps diesels out of smaller trucks. the initial cost kills it. hence why a full size half ton used in deliveries but doesn’t need a whole lot of power just cargo room.

shut it hoe, they also have the motor to support the TTv8 if needed to be as well. its funny im the faggot but your constantly thinking of me sunshine

Don’t get too full of yourself. I just think your posts are stupid and respond every now and then.

I wouldn’t mind more power from the half ton trucks but I would rather have better fuel economy. I have no need for a truck to be a race car, I just need it to haul shit like a truck is supposed to do and even the old school 300CI 6-banger from Ford or the 4.3 from GM could do that. If the ecoboost motor gets 5 or more mpg, I would consider it. My old POS 77 I had a few years ago with a beat to death 390 big block and a carb got around 12mpg in town, that’s on par with the current trucks. Something is fucked up there.

exactly. i like my newer truck but thought would have gotten little better mileage than my old 454 truck. that truck got about 9mpg towing new one with 6.0 gets 10.5-11mpg. still big improvment but with 25years difference think would have been a little better IMO

Was there a big weight difference?

around 900lbs difference. new truck is 6.0 old was 7.4 new truck is 4wd and 4 spd auto. not sure if exact apples to apples comparison. was hoping to get around 12-13 towing

They need to make trucks more aerodynamic for gas mileage. We did an experiment last month with the 6.0. Towing a car on the highway, we saw an improvement from 11.5 to 16 mpg drafting a tractor trailer. Maybe throw a big daytona style nose on it. lol.

http://image36.webshots.com/36/9/92/6/2131992060027781877fPHrBY_ph.jpg

something like this maybe?