dry walling help/advice

so i have four wholes in various spots in my apartment, all of which were created due to intoxication, there is one the size of a fist, and the other three are the size of well me 6’1 190 (dont even ask)

so my question how in the hell do i fix these, the bigger holes are between the studs and the smaller one is right next to them so any advice would be helpful

thanks john

if your looking to have someone do it PM me and ill take care of it cheap

cut it out the chunk from stud to stud, put a new piece in(mounting it to the stud on each side. then spackel(?spelling) and sand away. should be fine.

^ yep. i can maybe do it on a saturday for a small fee plus supply cost

Cover with mesh drywall tape then mud liberally and sand until smooth. Don’t be afraid to re-mud and sand if need be.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:5,topic:26802"”]

Cover with mesh drywall tape then mud liberally and sand until smooth. Don’t be afraid to re-mud and sand if need be.

[/quote]

lol the hole is about 2 foot by 5 foot
pics up soon

:lol: If it’s shaped like a person like in a cartoon and you post a pic of it you will be >*

lets just say, your room mate say stop spraying the spray lotion at him or he will break your nose, he wont he will just push you through a stud

or sometimes deadbolted doors are really hard to kick through and you bounce off

[quote=“strokingnova,post:6,topic:26802"”]

lol the hole is about 2 foot by 5 foot
pics up soon

[/quote]

I made one of those in the dorms. I filled the wall full of pizza boxes, beer cans, newspaper, pizza crust, ramen noodle wrappers and shit. Mudded over it and it looked normal… id hate to be the person that leaned up against it for the first time tho.

Anyway you need to go to Home Depot and get:
1 1/2" drywall screws
A drill motor with a bit a tad smaller then the screw body
several 2x4’s or just 1 to start
a saw to cut the 2x4’s (Hapbor Freight will have a cheap hand saw)
at least a gallonof spackling compound
wide spackle knife
several window screen style drywall sanding sheets

You will have to span the hole (ON THE INSIDE OF THE WALL) with the 2x4.
You cut the 2x4 about 12" longer then the width of the hole.
Put the 2X4 in the hole vertically, rotate it horzontally so it spans the hole on the inside of the wall.
Hold it up against the wall and drill a hole through the wall and into the 2X4 (dont be smart and skip the drilling, you will be sorry)
Screw the 2X4 to the wall through the hole u just made.
REpeat on other side.
Each 2X4 needs at least 4 screws in each side.

You can repeat this till you fashion a makeshift wood backing wall behind the broken wall.
It would be best to cut all the pieces first and stack them inside the wall because you wont be able to rotate them once the hole gets smaller… you can sill slip them in if they are not tool long. Put a screw in the center to act as a a handle.

You can then cut a new piece of sheetrock to screw to your wood backing and fill the hole shape.

thats a really thorough fix.

if this is an apartment that u rent. then just do it my way. if u own this place. then do it the way violator suggested

strokingnova i’m right down the street from ya…i can help ya out this weekend if ya need a hand

[quote=“IntegLS94,post:12,topic:26802"”]

strokingnova i’m right down the street from ya…i can help ya out this weekend if ya need a hand

[/quote]

sounds good, me and my friend jeremy are doing it tomorrow night, we will be drinking beer and hoping not to loose a hand to a circular saw and im having people over so either way it will be a good time, bring who ever you like if your interested

a circular saw? isnt that a bit extreme…if your not careful you’ll cut the stud in half too haha

Circular saw? Are you fixing frame damage or patching drywall? All you should need is a utility knife, drywall knife, sandpaper, and a paint brush.

lol, this thread reminds me of one time me and my buddy were playing nhl hitz on his xbox in his basement. :smiley: we were playing on a team against the computer, and it went into overtime :ohnoes: it was an intense OT session, and we finaly scored with three seconds left to win the game http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/thankya.gif We both jumped up in the air and as i was jumping he shoved me hard into the wall and i went head first into it and put my forehead through the drywall. so we just moved his moms painting over the hole and hoped his parents wouldnt notice when they came down :snky: it didnt work :biglaugh:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:15,topic:26802"”]

Circular saw? Are you fixing frame damage or patching drywall? All you should need is a utility knife, drywall knife, sandpaper, and a paint brush.

[/quote]

bikerfry is right…a utility knife is all you need to cut all the shit drywall out…cut the surface and it will split like nothing

the circular saw was a joke but there always fun to play with

Use masking tape to cover the hole and just paint over it :rofl:

[quote=“Jon,post:19,topic:26802"”]

Use masking tape to cover the hole and just paint over it :rofl:

[/quote]

If you’re gonna use tape, then there is no substitute.

Duct tape ftw.