DSG Vs. Manual

it’s going to be in every car come 5 or 6 years. only because it’s a great way to squeeze a few more MPG’s out of an engine

The autos in the VW’s especially have come a long way. I hated them too, way too slow to shift, way too soft a shift, never did it when you wanted them to, etc.

I am very impressed with my 06 Passat 6sp auto. The shifts are rather quick and sharp. The 6 speed is nicely spaced gears. highway 70mph passes I dont even use the kick down, drop a single gear and your in boost and it pulls very nicely. Kickdown actually goes too far and relines it and you actually pull slower.

The sport mode is slightly more aggressive. not night and day but its different. Manual mode actually seems slower than the sport… maybe its just me.

While its not a DSG, its very impressive. I have yet to drive a dsg, I really want to.

PDK>DSG only due to downshifts tho

What’s the difference?

faster down shifts and .0002 faster upshifts lol only for 40k more

i fucking HATED the e46 m3 dsgs. worst. transmission. ever.

and eman, plus rep homie! flappy paddles are for girls.

bmw’s dsg’s are junk, well not the mechanical part, only the programming part, if they spend more time programming, then it would be worlds better

.0002 faster really!?!?!?!? Huge difference

not really, it’s faster then that but i’m just saying, it’s a much more aggressive shifting setup… it will let you downshift the second it knows you will be right at redline, where dsg waits till about 300 to 250 rpms below redline before it will down shift

plus the upshifts can be WAY more aggressive

little side bar.

GT-R’s transmissions are made by borg-warner, which also makes the PDK’s from porsche

GT-R’s launch control will void your warranty
Porsche’s Launch control is something they PUSH for customers to do

you mean smg’s

Nothing a little programming can’t fix as I’m sure that’s most of the difference:

http://www.hpamotorsport.com/dsg.htm

programming yes, but they also make them quite a bit strong, for obvious reasons

ill leave DSG’s for the F1 and Rally cars. doesnt take much skill to hit a button.

i think Nick just needs to stop money shifting his S4. haha jk buddy. :slight_smile:

DSG is the future. All will bow down.

the future of what, gays driving sports cars and thinking they are fast because they can hit the big pedal on the right?

Everything is going towards it. Bye bye manual :frowning:

maybe u can drive it and while ur at it wear these…

Fuck I hate those. Fuckin’ clowns in the gym walking around in them.

my brother wears them, lifts hard and heavy and i told him im never lifting with him again. haha. it turned into this huge conversation about me being insecure and me telling him he was FUCKING GAY!!! hahaha