A 45 AMG turbo spoolage

Have you heard this thing? 360hp 2.0 liter. Crazy sound for crazy 2 liter powa.
Have a listen…

https://youtu.be/6VVw-iTD3z0

Not embedding on my iPad. ?

Gotta take out the “m.” or the http"S" when embedding these.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Sounds like a playground swing set, lol.

Definitely unique. UFO like.

That is fucking awesome!

Sounds like a playground swing set, lol.

LMAO. I was trying to think of something and you nailed it LOL.

I am digging what I have seen… And heard so far.

It seems super light… For a Benz.

Sounds like a train trying to brake

That thing doesn’t sound good at all. I hate how these “dsg” type transmissions sound while shifting and that car doesn’t look or sound remotely appealing.

I’ll take near instant shifts over sounding good all day every day.

god damn flappy paddles! C’mon MB give us three pedals and a manual shift!

I drove my buddies MK5 GTI DSG and found it very comfortable with quick shifts and not sloppy as a typical automatic. I personally think the Benz sounds great even in the DSG, although I do prefer 3 pedals.

This.

Dsg is fun to play with, but I think it would loose its appeal if it were on my own car and id end up driving it in auto almost all the time, unless I wanted to have a little fun.

this sounds exactly 100% like my audi A3 including the shift noises. (My car has a downpipe that deletes the cat and intake, didn’t sound like that stock) I’m only 270/320 :frowning:

I’ve had my car for over two years now and I’m still never bored with the DSG, love it. That said, I have two other cars with 5 spds when I want that.

lose*
:slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

damn 270/320…I have a full exhaust and tune and am only at 255/285 Stage 2.

And this is why the manual is dying out. The only paddle shift transmission car I would want to own is the GTR. That transmission seems to be quite amazing. As far as the DSG goes, my gf’s GTI has it and honestly it’s annoying because it “tries” to be a manual but it just isn’t. Sure it’s great for those “enthusiasts” who want a sports car but can’t really drive one but 95% of the time I’d like my sports cars in manual thanks.

that vid was boring.

Sorry but I don’t consider a GTI a “sports car” and I own one. My buddy Tommy has a daily DSG GTI and its great for that purpose. My daily GTI I wanted in a 6-speed manual for spirited driving(as per my experience with manuals vs regular automatics and personal preference) not because it’s a “sports car” lol.

Sounds great.

what do you mean “tries”? it is a true manual with a second clutch and controller.

I do agree the GTI / A3 are much better as a fun daily driver than a sports car. I still suspect I’d be faster around a track with DSG in the same car vs. manual.

these are FWD…correct?