DSLR boredom

What do you want the lens to do? Why did you go with the 55-250?

no d3x baddd D8hundie goooood

yea thats what he got

I would just hang with your 55-250is and put aside a little here and there to get the 50 next. The 55-250 really isnt bad for the price and gives you some reach and versatility. Probably a more “comfortable” first lens to someone use to p+s cameras, letting you think more about exposure settings without having to literally walk balk and forth to frame your shot. Once you’ve learned you’re camera a bit more I think you could really appreciate the capabilities of the 50. Just my 2 cents.

What Quattro! (Adam) said.

Best thing to do is learn what the camera does and how it functions with the kit lens it came with, certainly nothing wrong with that lens either. Learn proper composition, what ISO/Aperture/Shutter speed all do before you go buck wild buying gear.

Yeah im gonna go on more photo shoots with dan and whoever else is shooting and wants someone to tag along and I’ll just start playing with the camera and taking picks trying to learn from what settings they use and how they shoot

I’ve got two lenses and they should be good for now, until I want amazing blur lol and I can afford it

Go by your own settings, not from someone else. “Settings” vary from camera to camera, lens to lens, and how you want your shot to look (underexposed/overexposed etc).

Like I said, full manual mode and learn from your mistakes.

i think its good to have a basic guide to teach you what things do, i can always shoot around the house but i would rather go out and try things with others and after i take a pic see what they think about my positioning and etc so i can see how to make it better on the spot and see things from a different perspective

Read the manual cover to cover and play with the camera as you are reading it. The manual has just about everything you need to know when it comes to ISO, aperture, shutter speed and finding all sorts of features you may or may not have known were even there.

AMD, LOOK AT THIS THREAD NOW PLEASE.

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?p=910984#post910984

:hijacked

Listen to Dan, I dont know bout that Jim guy. :ahh I want to play cameras! Im winning bidder on a Nikon right now :ninja

best have the number 7 in the model number

On it bro!