DSM differences?

^^^ now thats what i call indepth edited

One of the smartest guys on DSM’s in this area by far.

very nice:tup: love DSMs

I <3 Sean.

These threads must start up at least once a week… What’s up with all the rudness in here? Ill jump in with - Cavi Mike seems pretty pathetic.

He’s the admin of wnydsm, I’m fairly sure he knows exactly what he’s talking about.

I have to agree with you, and i dont even know him.

Aww, you care about me! You really really do!

thank you sean.

:word:

i tend to think i have a clue - i dont claim to have the level of technical proficiency of sean or don, but still, i know what im talking about.

basically, i am sick of reading people posting about the following stuff:

1. a 420a to 4g63 swap. if you are asking questions about this swap, you DEFINITELY don’t have the time, money, or skill to complete it. there is only one successful swap that i have heard of in the area, and it was completed by a guy with expert welding and fabrication skills, and the mechnical intuition to complete the project on his own without asking basic “should i or shouldn’t i” questions.

2. what is a dsm and what isn’t. i would venture to guess that 2/3 of the people that posted like they knew the correct answer to this question have no clue. tevenor cleared this up, but i am sick of reading people arguing about stuff they don’t know about.

3. hearing how turboing a 420a is going to make siqqqq power. i cant tell you how much you would need to dump into a 2gnt dsm before seeing any type of RELIABLE boosted power. realistically, if you plan on running a streetable 250whp+, you should plan on a FULLY built motor, and fully re-engineered and rebuild fuel system, complete with new injectors, new fuel pump, new lines, fpr, and some kind of fuel management system. so many people have tried this before, and so many people have failed. only the most stubborn folks, with deeper pocket books, the inner desire to be “different”, and some solid mechanical experience have been able to extract solid power, and even still it has come at quite steep costs.

cavi mike, you can think what you want about myself, my mechanical knowledge, etc. all i did was point out that there is a plethora of misinformation in this thread. bottom line? there is.

well thats what im trying to be informed on and my knowledge is growing slightly everyday from things like this.

there are a lot of places you can go to read up on DSMs.

you can check:

www.vfaq.com

www.dsmtuners.com

www.dsmtalk.com

don’t always believe everything you see posted on internet forums. but, you should be able to decipher who has 1st hand experience and who doesn’t.

The point I’m trying to across to him is that you don’t have to own a 1st gen to be a DSMer. I haven’t seen the name Tevenor in a long time and it reminded me of a DSM meet we went to in East Rochester that consisted of mine and one kids 2nd gen and Seans VR4. How could it be a DSM meet if there wasn’t one DSM there? Because there are exceptions, just like the Evo. We’re still DSMers. Shit, even Jim Millelas Jeep was considered a DSM hahaha

If you have a specific DSM related question, the DSM experts around these parts are DeviousTSi, Carnut, Tevenor, Emery, and personally I have never been given inaccurate info from Shott17 either. Seems to know his stuff.