DSM guys enter : Timing question

How do these timing marks look to you?

I’m trying to see if this car jumped timing before I crank it over. I see there are about 4 hash marks on the timing belt cover and I’m not entirely sure what they mean at this time.

I assume though the timing is pretty good right now. The Crank pully matches up with the T and the gears are pretty damn close. Not 100% perfect but I do not believe it can get any closer than that.

The cam gears look dead close, to really know you have to take off the lower t-belt cover. Then you can see if the marks are truly correct by making sure the oil pump and crank sprockets line up also. You may have to turn the motor over by hand clockwise several times before all marks line up.

The marking in the last pic you posted is for ignition timing, on a 2g so you can’t really adjust the ignition timing unless it has dsmlink, some sort of tuner or a 1g cas.

Who’s 2g forsale? Doesn’t run?

Ah, I just assumed it was for quickly checking the timing like on a evo. If you can see the notch on the crank pully you’ll understand what I mean.

Alrighty, looks like the front cover is coming off tomorrow.

And it’s my 2g, I just bought it for shits and giggs.

Pretty much what Ali said. And the Jay Racing timing belt tool kit is sweet for doing DSM timing belts.
If that’s set right, when you go to set ignition timing you can use those marks on the cam gears if you have a timing light that you can set to 5 degrees advance.

I have the Jay Racing timing belt kit and it works awesome! and like Ali said you have to crank it over quiet a few times for it to line back up, I believe after 3 revolutions of the crank everything should come into alignment again. Another little thing to remember is the oil balance shaft to make sure its in phase you can turn so that the arrow is at 12 o’clock and if it falls to the left its in phase, if it falls to the right you need to spin it a few more times.