DSM Reliability?

Both generations were make with crappy parts. Mr Burch is just partial to 1G’s because he is in fact a bag of dicks. :wink:

I have a 99, I bought it with about 26,000 original miles. The thing I’ve found about dsm’s is that they pretty much run the way you set it up. If you go out and put a bunch of crap on it then yes it will probably run very bad. If ypu spend your money right and set it up correctly then you won’t have any more problems than anyone else…until your shifter falls off because the factory weld broke while you were cruising and don’t ever bang gears hard. Don’t buy one. or buy mine, it’s for sale.

I’ve never had an issue with my 2g other than normal wear and tear…like any car, if u beat the piss out of it, it’s gonna break eventually. Before I bought mine, I heard so many negatives, but owning one, I don’t have anything bad to say about it. I love the car and it’s a lot of fun to drive.

:tup: Well put.

I don’t think they are any more to fix then another car of similar value. If you mod it, just make sure you do ALL of the maintenance stuff first. If you don’t, your just asking for trouble down the line.

Not to mention, there are plenty of DSMers around here and if you ask for help, you’ll usually get it.

DSMs run great if you tell them they’re hondas

hmmm my 94 never had any problems…maybe its cuz it was N/A with a 1.8L and i never took the thing over 3 grand…o well just sold it with aobut 160k miles

1g’s were made to rally, hence they were built stronger. Pretty much everything on the 2gs has given me a problem, the 1gs not so much. Plus the 1g’s are not obd2! Which makes them better by default!

'95 2g OBD1 ftw

word same here!

Still a 2g though… lol

Gary put this well, so basically owning a DSM is like raising a child.

Hey mohawk you can’t talk till your nissan truck is faster in the 1/8th than you running…lol

Which is why none of you should have children, just spay or neuter yourselves. :hang:

:slight_smile:

Seriously: if you are METICULOUS in your upkeep of the car, replacing worn parts, maintenance, etc. and you DO NOT CHEAP OUT when making mods (i.e. do it right the first time), you will have very few problems. Deviate from this, and your child will make you rue the day you brought it home. Do your research, and make sure you think things through when modding this car. Cover all the bases.

On second thought, don’t get a DSM. I’m waiting for a few more to get fucked up, then I’ll be exclusive again :tup:

buy an F-bod